Saturday, February 27, 2010

Give a Day. Get a Disney day.

I've found myself with some free time lately, and I decided I need to get out there and do some volunteer work! I've applied for a few part-time jobs, but until I hear anything back from them I feel like I need to get out there and do some good.
I thought about Big Brothers Big Sisters but they require a year long commitment. Which is understandable. I'm not 100% sure that I can devote that much time to something yet.

I'd LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. to do some volunteering at an animal shelter, or the humane society. BUT...I know myself well enough that I know I'd end up coming home with another "little buddy".

Riley would absolutely die.

So if anyone knows of any good opportunities, or if you volunteer somewhere yourself and you could use a tag-along friend call me!

Wanna know what another HUGE incentive is behind volunteering?! Not only do you get the satisfaction that comes with it, but right now Disney is offering a free park day pass to anyone who goes out and does a day of service.

Give a day. Get a Disney day.

There are designated places they've chosen to sponsor, but you can check out all of your options HERE.

We'd love to get a group of friends together to do the volunteer work with, and then maybe even plan a big trip to Cali this summer to use the park passes!

How much fun would that be?! Let me know if you're interested!!

1 comment:

  1. Steph and Jared are going to build a house for Habitat for Humanity in two weeks in California, then they are going to Disneyland!

    ReplyDelete