Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Weekend in St.George









Friday night I went over to Alyssa Killen's apartment to hang out for a few hours while Riley was at work. We chatted, made cinnamon rolls, and mosied around her house doing pretty much nothing. It was great! I hadn't seen her in awhile, and when we get together there's definitely going to be some laughs.


Anyways, after returning home my left eye was really bothering me. I washed it out quite a few times thinking I had just gotten a chunk of mascara stuck or something. After it bothering me the entire night, and costing me a trip to Jordan and Alyssa's house, we came to the conclusion I probably had pink eye. It looked terrible on Saturday morning and was all goopy and red. I seriously considered taking a rain check on the trip, but I'm ssooooo glad I didn't!


We left around 9'ish in the morning and made our way down to St. Geezy. We made good time and got to the condo in one piece. After checking it out a little, we went and picked up Jessie and did some shopping. Riley and I neglected to bring shampoo and conditioner. I'm surprised this is all we forgot, seeing as we started packing about 20 minutes before our ride arrived. Jessie got some groceries and headed back to her apartment. We went to Golden Corral for dinner with Jessie, Breanne, and Kaylin (her two cute roommates) and had a fun time being loud and annoying in the restaurant. Pretty sure nobody wanted to sit close to us because we were so obnoxious. We went swimming later that night at the pool our condo has. The temperature outside wasn't quite ideal, but the pool was heated so it was just right.

Woke up and my eye was much better. Still a bit red, but no one was calling me Quasimodo anymore.... We went to Jessie's student ward. It was an interesting block. Riley was so overwhelmed with the couple "lovey dovey"ness that he was almost sick. We went to Jessie's apartment to meet her home teachers, and ended up talking with those guys for awhile. One of them served in the same mission as my cousin Alex! Seoul, Korea! Later, we drove to Hurricane to see Riley's Grandpa Gold and his wife Roma. They made us dinner and took us for a tour around the pool and other facilities in their community. We finished watching the first season of the Amazing Race we bought for Christmas. Our favorites won again! The lawyer/best friend team Rob and Brennan! Yay!!! The season couldn't have ended more perfectly.


Monday we went to Zion National Park! We had a great time driving through the tunnels made in 1930 that went right through the center of the mountains! We did a mile long hike up to the top of a big plateau, and had fun throwing snowballs off the huge drop-off. We had a picnic out of the trunk of the Cadillac, and headed back home. Riley and I also found a Christmas tree ornament from Zion's to add to our collection!! Went swimming again that night and enjoyed the hot tub one more time.


Tuesday we drove home and stopped in Beaver for ice cream. Yummy! All-in-all, it was a successful trip. We had such a good time just being in the warm weather!! It was a reality check to be home and back in the cold weather but it was so worth it.

Main funny conversations:

"She doesn't stuff with tissue, she stuffs with grenades. What can I say? My wife has an explosive rack!"

"Ok ok, onto a new subject."


"Well, looks like she's going to pull the pin. Hahahahaha."




"You? Yes.
You? Yes.
You?.....Maybe.

You? NO!"

-Grandpa Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment