Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010





So since Valentine's day this year was on a Sunday, we decided to celebrate on Saturday night. I came home from work that afternoon to my present from Riley. He gave me flowers, a cute handwritten note, and The Office Season 5!!!!
We went with Jordan and Alyssa to Thaifoon at the Gateway for dinner. We initially called to make a reservation but they were all booked up till about 9:30. Jordan said, "Alright. Let's make a reservation for 9:30 then. Last name Locks. First name Goldy." Needless to say, they probably didn't take him seriously. So we ended up just driving down and put our name on a list and waited. We got in in like 15 minutes! Good decision on our part not to stick with the 9:30 reservation.
After a yummy dinner of Lo Mein, Surf 'n' Turf, Beef & Broccoli, and our FAVORITE Coconut Shrimp, we came back to our house and watched "The Time Traveler's Wife". Good show. Perfect for Valentine's Day.

Since I kind of slacked and didn't get him his whole present on Saturday, I gave Riley his Valentine's Day gift on Monday. A bottle of Pepsi, some chocolates, a big thing of his favorite Orbit gum, and (drum roll, please) his own copy of "Zombieland". We love that movie, and I think he was pretty pleased with it. We went to Pottery Barn with my parents, and had lunch at Desert Edge at Trolley Square.


Monday night we had FHE at our house with Jordan, Alyssa, Jared, and Sammie. We made chocolate dipped strawberries, bananas, and pretzel rods. Along with some cheesy broccoli soup I made. This week I planned out all our meals (all crock pot recipes) and bought the stuff I needed at the grocery store. I'm hoping having the meals all planned out will minimize the amount of food that goes unused at our house... time will tell!



On a random tangent I have a funny story about Benny. Riley wasn't home one day and I was in the shower. I wasn't paying much attention to anything, but was scared out of my mind when I saw Benny sitting outside the tub area, in between the two layers of the shower curtain. He was just chillin, waiting for me to get out. He doesn't dare come any closer, because he's probably afraid I'll make him have a bath, but it was pretty funny....

No comments:

Post a Comment