Thursday, February 18, 2010

Crock Pot Week!



So as I mentioned before in an earlier post, I planned out our meals for this week using only crock pot recipes. I had them assigned to specific days based on cooking time vs. our schedules, etc etc. I ended up switching a few of them, but I've stuck to my plan so far.

Monday- Creamy Cheese & Broccoli Soup. We ate this before we did our strawberry dipping. I ended up doubling the amount of cheese! It was good though!

Tuesday-Swiss Chicken. That night Riley offered to help me cut up the potatoes before they could be boiled and mashed. He felt that using a huge knife would be the most productive. And it was...until he sliced almost his entire fingerprint off his pinky finger. Yikes...

Wednesday- Tater Tot Casserole All this is made up of, is hamburger, cream of chicken soup, a bag of mixed veggies, and a bag of frozen tater tots. Easy, and really yummy. Apparently they make this type of dish in Iowa all the time, so Riley really enjoyed it

Thursday- I left this cooking while I'm at work, but when we both get off we'll have Pulled Pork Barbecue Sandwiches. I bought some rolls, so it'll go nicely with those.

I have yet to make the slowcooker Chili recipe yet, but I'll make that either tomorrow or Saturday. If anyone is interested in any of these recipes, let me know. They all have like 6 ingredients or less...which is fabulous if you're like me and you're lazy.


Last night Carter played his second to last Jr. Jazz game. They lost unfortunately, but their team won some kind of good sportsmanship award. They gave each member a special T-Shirt, AND they get the chance to meet a Jazz player!!! That's even better than winning their game, right?! I told Carter that if they get to meet Kyle Korver, I'm the teams new coach ;) He also made 2 GREAT shots! As my dad would say, he "Made them from the parking lot!!" Pictures are coming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment