Monday, February 8, 2010

Hair Dyeing 101,


So...I'll be the first one to admit that my hair took a turn for the worst once I got married. I was used to having it professionally colored every 4 to 6 weeks, and had the nice shampoo between cuts, etc etc. But when I got married I decided that my hair coloring was an unecessary expense. It was costing me like 90 bucks for every cut and color! That's more than my monthly car payment! YIKES!

I've had it cut a few times but haven't had it colored since a week or so before I got married. Pathetic! My roots were growing out to the point that it was really starting to get on my nerves. Despite my better judgement, I went and bought a couple $2.99 dyeing kits and planned to do it myself. Luckily Sammie stepped in and offered to help. She's done it for her other people before, so I trusted her. I borrowed a few junk towels and a shirt from Riley's mom and our process started. It took awhile, but in the end it turned out really well!! I'm pretty impressed with the job she did. Didn't miss ANY spots, and the color turned out great. May not be the greatest for my hair, but hey, there's no denying it's most cost effective for me!
The joys of being young, married, and poor!!

1 comment:

  1. At least you're keeping up with your hair!! I went 11 months without cutting my hair, it was in good condition but the shape was awful!

    ReplyDelete