Friday, October 23, 2009

We have a shower!!!

Good news! Our shower got finished yesterday! We still don't have carpet, or all the walls painted, or the tile done in the kitchen and bathroom, or a fridge, or light fixtures, a nice lock on the front door, etc...but...WE HAVE A SHOWER! Riley's dad finished tiling it, and it has officially gotten my stamp of approval. It looks great! Things are starting to come together, and even though all it really has is some of the paint, it's starting to look like it'll be fit to live in here pretty quick! Looking more and more like an actual apartment rather than an empty space every day.

Yesterday involved my mom, my grandma, Carter, and I dropping our engagement pictures and my bridals off to Frameworks to be framed. 24 hour turnover, doesn't get better than that. The frames we found were gorgeous, and the funny lady that helped us knew just what frames would look best with what pictures. We were really pleased. We then had lunch at Maddox and sat in our cars in the Staples parking lot since there weren't any places to sit outside. I went in to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to pick out another zen waterfall fountain since the one I ordered online doesn't light up, OR trickle water! Dumb.
BUT! After that, I got to meet up with a great friend of mine from high school later that day! It was so much fun to sit and chat for hours with her. We've both gotten really busy and I hadn't seen her since August we figured! But it didn't seem to matter, because we just happily chattered about all the goings-on in life. I'm grateful to have such awesome friends that I know will always be there for me. It kinda makes me feel bad when I drive past Davis and see all the high school kids going out with their friends to lunch, because it makes me miss my own high school years. We skipped out on one too many classes, ditched every assembly, snuck out past dark, went to Albertsons, Quiznos, home, and STARBUCKS nearly every day for lunch, and did completely random, crazy things one too many times; but I have NO regrets. I had TONS of fun, and wouldn't trade high school for the world. In fact, in lieu of reminiscing on all the crazy adventures we had, I'm just going to post some pictures so everyone else can enjoy our awesomeness. I love where I am today, and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my amazing friends. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Alyssa-

    I love you and this post. Can't wait to see you friday.

    Kenzie

    ReplyDelete