Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Temple Clothes

My mom, my grandma and I went today to search for a temple dress for me. It was a fun experience to go to the Distribution Center with them and find something for me to wear. I've said all along through our engagement that the church aspects of our wedding have been so simple! Calling and scheduling the temple for our wedding date was as easy as one five minute conversation with a darling older temple worker. Finding my temple clothes was as easy as a 45 minute visit to the distrubution center. It's been all the worldly "extras" that have caused all the headaches! The reception center, the dress, the flowers, the candy bar, etc etc! I think that's a sign, if nothing else, that the church has a great thing going.

After finding my temple dress we went to lunch at Boston's Market in Layton, and ended up making a mandatory trip to DSW while we were in the area. Found a darling pair of boots, couldn't bring myself to spend the $60 bucks on them, so I went to Forever Young on my way to work today and found myself TWO pairs for 50 bucks for the both of them!! SWEET! That was the highlight of my entire day. They're darling boots, and a lot more reasonably priced! I'm going to have to start saving and stop splurging when we get married! But for now it's my money, and my separate bank account, so I feel obligated to buy myself a few things before I have to save for the both of us ;)

Worked a great shift tonight! I still absolutely LOVE my job and I hope I'll be able to continue working here after my time as a "student" is up. We've run into a few snags with the church's hiring freeze and promoting me to a member of the support staff may prove to be tricky. But they're short handed and seem to like me well enough, I love the job, and it'd work out for the best of both parties if I'm able to stay. I've already turned down another job offer because I enjoy my environment here so much. It'd be a hard transition somewhere else because I adore the people I work with and it'd keep me in the right field for when I graduate! I've had some great experiences here so hopefully I'll be able to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment