Tuesday, October 6, 2009

First blog post ever!!

This is my very first post as a virgin blogger! I got peer pressured into it, simply because I feel creepy keeping tabs on my friends through their blogs and not having one of my own. Plus, the countdown to the wedding is getting smaller and smaller, and blogs seem to be the popular thing to have once you're married. I'll start off with writing about the last couple days, and end with today! Saturday night was a hectic one!! Riley and I got kidnapped by Jared and Sammie at 11:30 pm to head out to Nightmare on 13th! We BARELY made it through the garage at 11:59 before the midnight closing time, and were some of the last people going through. We had a blast!!! Jared bravely led the way through most of the haunted house, followed closely by Sammie, me, then Riley took up the rear. We finished off the night with slurpees/hot chocolate, and watched the latest episode of The Office. We love our friends!!!

Riley and I decided to take a drive on Sunday to have a few minutes to get out and see the changing colors and to talk. It seems with all the wedding plans going on lately that we hadn't had much time for eachother, so it was nice to have a few hours to ourselves. We drove up Weber Canyon and around Trappers Loop, stopped off at Snow Basin to see the resort and lodge, and then came back down Ogden Canyon. The colors were GORGEOUS. There was snow on the top of the mountains, as well as greens, yellows, oranges, and reds in the leaves.






Monday consisted of me working a full day down in Salt Lake, and Riley working a night shift at his new job at Fed Ex. He seems to be getting a good workout every night, and he enjoys the work as well. Looks like we'll both benefit from this in the end ;) While I was at work, Riley and our dads went and took measurements for our new condo! We close on it on Wednesday, and we couldn't be more excited. I'm grateful that Riley has a knowledge of tiling and other handiwork because it'll come in handy for our place of residence. It needs some work, so over the next few weeks we'll be spending a lot of time putting in brand new paint, carpet, light fixtures, countertops, and pretty much everything else. Thank heavens for the first time homebuyers tax credit that is helping us fund quite a bit of these upgrades!

Thursday is my bridal shoot! We picked up the dress yesterday and it was RIGHT this time. The colors matched, and it's beautiful. I stressed about it all week so it was a huge relief to try it on and have it be perfect.

Today was our last day to spend with Baker...he's going to be such a great missionary! We had fun sitting in Riley's kitchen joking and laughing with him before his appointment to get set apart later today. What a good kid! See ya in two, Bake!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Alyssa! A blog! I am so excited for you guys. We got our invitation in the mail yesterday and we plan on coming to everything! (That is an RSVP, okay?) Love you both!

    ReplyDelete