Tuesday, October 27, 2009

3 days!!!

Ok, so I realize that my countdown is probably getting slightly annoying to readers, but you guys will have to get over it. I can't believe we're so close to the big day!!

Oh, and good news. After multiple attempts, I have finally finished our wedding reception video! I was having issues with Windows Movie Maker and getting the timing just right. It kept skipping huge chunks of music on the disc, which was completely unacceptable. But after burning 3 separate DVD's, it's finally RIGHT! And it's stinkin' cute. Not gonna lie, we're gonna have darling kids. I dunno if anyone else knows this, but we were absolutely adorable when we were little. And now we're just hands down amazing looking. In fact, Riley was worried we'd have a problem getting our marriage license today since the world can't possibly handle more cute children, but we got it!!

I haven't posted in a few days, because I've been understandably busy. I can't help that I did school this semester and Riley suckered me into marrying him so close to midterms! I've been busting my butt to get all my homework done and tests studied for. I even have to take a test just a few short hours before our family and friend's dinner on Thursday! But it was either take it on Thursday, or take it Saturday morning. Screw. That.

This weekend we carved pumpkins and scared Baker's parents to death. A little explanation for those two things. So on Saturday night, Ryan Newbold, my friend Jocelyn, Jared, Sammie, and Riley and I decided to trek to Wal Mart to buy ourselves some pumpkins. I wanted to just steal some from a local patch, but they said since I'd been through the temple earlier that day that probably wasn't a good idea....yikes...who knew...So we went and bought some instead. The pickings at WalMart were slim, but we found some decent ones! Riley carved a happy face, mine had a skull and crossbones, Ryan's had a "Y" for BYU (In memoriam of their incredibly humiliating loss to TCU), and Jocelyn's...well...she's a little special when it comes to carving pumpkins, so she took hers home without finishing and hopefully it'll be turned into a masterpiece by her little brothers.

On Sunday we went and met with Riley's stake president. Luckily he decided we were a pretty good match and agreed to sign Riley's living ordinance recommend. PHEW. Anyways, later that night, after watching the Amazing Race (of course), we went with Riley's mom, dad, and sister to drop off the cardboard cutout his mom made at Baker's house. She had it made so he could be in some of the pictures from our wedding, at least in spirit. He's still way bummed out that he's missing the wedding, so this was a small gesture (along with shipping him a piece of wedding cake overnight) to compensate for him having to miss out on the festivities. We stood the cutout, which is basically his head taped on Mitt Romney's body, on his front porch and rang the doorbell and hid. His dad just laughed and thought it was great. Unfortunately his mom wasn't home at the time, so we had to wait for her to get there to see her reaction. Baker is such a great kid! We're probably not the best of influences on him what with sending him packages full of mountain dew to the MTC, but oh well. What are awesome friends for?! Riley's FedEx job gets him like 75% off FedExGround shipments, so we can send him whatever we want for pretty cheap! Sweet!!

Yesterday was kind of a rough day for me. With Riley working 12 hour days, I don't get to see him as much as I'd like. Plus I was getting weighed down with all the stresses of the reception, school, and work, and I guess you could say I kinda crashed. I slept for like 10 hours and laid in bed while I had a billion other things I could be doing. I'm just lucky I haven't gotten physically sick from all the outside stressors. But Riley knows me better than I know myself, and picked up on the fact that I'd kind of hit a wall. So when he got off work, he baked me cookies, rented Aliens vs. Monsters, and brought them up to my house and enjoyed them with me. What a nice gesture, I love him :) Can't wait to spend the next week in Lake Tahoe with him and relax from our apartment and everything else! Hopefully when we get back it'll be totally ready to move into. We're keeping our fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment