Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Still remodeling...

The last couple of days have been centered around the condo. It seems like someone is always there working, whether it's me, my dad, Riley, or his dad. Which is a good thing, because we're making some significant progress! Riley's dad has been really good to help us with the tile that will be in the kitchen and the bathroom. He's also re-tiling our bathtub/shower area, which desperately needed it! It'll be SO nice once it's finished! The second bedroom has been where the wet tile cutter has been stationed, so we haven't been able to get in there to paint, but we DID finish the master bedroom! Riley and my dad taped it off, and Riley's friend Ryan Newbold and I painted it. Ryan is way more experienced than me, so he did most of the cutting in around the edges, but I wasn't half shabby with the paint roller! I dripped a few times, but I didn't get any on the white ceiling *hint hint* *cough cough*. But seriously. We were way lucky Ryan volunteered to help us, it was way nice of him. I was forced to listen to some oldies radio station with the three guys, and it reinforced my love for Supertramp, Elton John, and a few others. Definitely made the work go by faster! On Tuesday before class, my dad and I painted the living room and that's almost done now, too.

The carpet guys are three days out, so when Riley's dad gets close to finished with the tile, we'll be giving them a call to come and install our carpet. That'll cut down on a whole lot of noise. I really hope our neighbors don't hate us before we even move in. That could get ugly!

On a different note, I just want it to be recorded somewhere that I got 98% on my first Western Civ test. All my studying paid off, but now let's just hope that I can pull it together to take two other tests before the wedding so I won't have to stress about it when we're in Lake Tahoe. I refuse to take ANY sort of homework with me. It'd just take up space, and chances are it'll bever get unpacked, who would I be kidding?
Yesterday I went and picked up my finished bridal shots from Chris, as well as our guest sign in book! Everything turned out great, we're still pleased. If any of the readers are getting married here soon, we'd STRONGLY recommend Robert Wood photo.

Here are a few of the pictures from before we started ripping apart the condo, as well as a couple of Riley and Ryan busy working.
Take note that the seventies called.... and they want their bathroom countertop back.



1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blog Alyssa! Looks like you will be moving into a BRAND NEW place! Very nice!!! I loved that Carter removed the tile for you. he's pretty cool for a little brother!

    ReplyDelete