Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A few more wedding plans down...only waiting to go!




Today we made a trip down to the Salt Lake Flower Patch to finalize our flower order for the wedding. Our group consisted of me, Riley, my mom and grandma, as well as Riley's mom. We actually ended up picking up a bouquet "prototype" of sorts to be used in my bridals tomorrowand it turned out absolutely gorgeous. We're using callalilies as our main flower, along with accent alstromerias. As filler we have baby's breath, and Queen Anne's Lace. We're having Riley's cute cousin Sarah do all of our flowers and so far we've both been really impressed with her work! She pulled together my bouquet in less than half an hour and it looks great! So currently, my bouquet is sitting in a vase of water at home, and I'm sitting at work praying none of the flowers die or wilt before tomorrow. Everyone assured us they're pretty hearty and should be fine, but we'll keep our fingers crossed just in case!

Riley got a phone call from a guy in his ward offering him a second job! Even though I think he's still a little bummed that Clear Bra went under, these new jobs will be great for him! FedEx keeps him busy at night, and his training for his new job will start tomorrow. I know I personally feel blessed to have Riley's excellent work ethic proceed him. He's had a total of four jobs offered to him when he hasn't even applied, and I know he's going to do a great in this new endeavor. We've been told by multiple sources we're lucky to both have jobs in this economy, but now Riley has two! He'll end up working 12 hour days, but he's confident he can handle it, so we'll see how everything plays out!

After picking up the bouquet, Riley and I went and met with the realtor at our new condo to make sure the heater and AC worked. Something we completely spaced checking into earlier, so it was good we remembered. Luckily both of them work great, and we won't be freezing this winter or baking in the summer! Riley took off to work and I went in with my mom to the title company to get everything squared away with our condo. I signed all the necessary paperwork, and was told by the cute broker "Congratulations, you've just purchased your first house!!" What a crazy feeling!! I still think I may be in denial at how rapidly life has progressed over the last few months, but when I look back at it, they've all been changes for the better. I'm so excited to be going through all these life steps with my best friend!

My kitchen table is currently cluttered with a billion things including multiple carpet samples, paint swatches, and tile ideas. Everything remodeling wise seems to be coming together well, and we'll be meeting again with the realtor on Friday for him to give us a set of keys to our new place. Sitting next to all the house upgrades, are boxes of shoes my mom purchased for the wedding. Not sure how many she's planning to wear in just one night, but hopefully she'll have it narrowed down to one (maybe two?) in the next few days!

My next project is to personalize and decorate a popcorn bowl for our new house. Growing up, we always had one with members of our family illustrated on it, so I figure Riley and I need one to represent our own little family. I'm adding Benny on it no matter what complaints I may get from Riley ;) Currently way excited for my bridals tomorrow, and for the bridal shower my Aunt Julie is throwing for me on Saturday. I can't wait to see all my family and have a chance to spend some time with them as well as get to know Riley's female relatives a little better, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment