Monday, October 19, 2009

Less than 2 weeks to go!



Time is starting to zoom right by. Not that it went by slow before, but it seems to pass more quickly now that we only have 11 days till we're married! I'm starting to look at things in a different way. Every time I wake up I think, "This is one of the last days I'll be here in this room!" or when I get food from the fridge "This is one of the last times I can mooch off my parents!". It's really starting to come down to the wire!

On Friday me, Riley, Jared, Sammie, and Cody went and saw Paranormal Activity and let me tell you...it's pretty crazy! We started off the night with having good intentions to make progress on the paint in the condo, but we ended up just buying the paint for the baseboard, the ceiling, and the doors, dropped it off at the condo, and went to the movie instead. The next day my friend Sarah threw a bridal shower for me at her house and invited a few of our other friends. It was such a fun time! I really loved being able to sit and talk with a bunch of friends from high school, as well as other ones I've met along the way. I posted a bunch of those pictures on my Facebook page, but when I get a chance I'll post them on here, too. We had a blast just sitting and giggling, and talking about random things. Exactly what I needed! A girls day!

After that, I went and picked up Subway sandwiches for my family, along with Riley and my dad who had been at the condo all morning and were starving. I went down and helped paint the doors since they had already finished all the trim along the baseboards. They made fun of me that I was a slow painter, but I just wanted to do it right! They they stole my fun paint stick thing so they could paint the ceiling. We bought special ceiling paint that goes on a pink color, but dries white so you can see where you've painted. It was a sickly pink color to start out with, and I could sense the concern in their voices when they didn't know if it would actually dry white. But it did, and all is well! That night we hung out with Jordan and his new FIANCE Alyssa! They got engaged on Saturday! We're excited to have another married couple to hang out with!!! Jordan has been Riley's best friend throughout almost their entire lives, so I'm sure they'll be hanging out when they need time away from us ;) Not that THAT will ever happen! We went and got frosty's and food from Wendy's, sat in Riley's car and talked in the park, then finished off the night watching the latest episode of The Office. Awesome evening.

Then on Sunday we met with Riley's bishop. Riley told him how Jordan had gotten engaged, and said it was necessary he announce it over the pulpit in Sacrament meeting, since Jordan had done the same to us at a ward party! Karma!! We were pretty much obligated to stay for his sacrament meeting and see the humiliation take place. After Sacrament, I went home and tried to finish our wedding video that will play at the reception. I made some considerable progress, and now I just have to add the music! We were STINKIN' cute as kids...just throwin' that out there.... We also booked the Anniversary Inn for the 30th and the 31st since our condo probably isn't going to be done in time for us to stay there before the honeymoon. We're pretty excited about that, it should be a fun place to stay!

We ended our Sunday night watching the Amazing Race with his family, but the recording got interrupted so we didn't get to see if anyone got eliminated! Thank goodness for Hulu. We'll be watching the last 15 minutes of that episode online when it gets loaded. Stay tuned for pictures of the bridal shower!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute Lyss! I didn't know you had a blog. I will be adding you to my "friends" :) Good luck with the wedding plans!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the last few days as an unmarried woman! You will love the Anniversary Inn. Matt and I stayed there a few years ago, and we really enjoyed it. We wished we lived closer to one!

    ReplyDelete