Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Apple Pie!!!!.....?

So yesterday Brianna, Sammie, and I had a novel and brilliant idea!! Since they're in season we decided to go to a local farmer's market type thing and buy a bunch of apples to make apple pie! Awesome, right?! Right! We had a ton of fun! We went and picked out our apples and ended up with 13 lbs of them! The lady was nice and gave us a good discount on them, which was cool of her. We drove in my dad's truck, and that was an adventure (see previous post...) but we made it there and back safely! We came back to my house to make our pie! We made absolutely EVERYTHING from scratch! We peeled the apples, we made the filling, and we also slaved away on making the crust just perfect. Let me tell you. They were award winning pies. Brianna ended up having to leave early to make it back down to Provo for a study group, but Sammie and I baked ours in the oven for the appropriate 50 mins just like the recipe said. After they were done and removed from the oven, we set them on top of the oven to cool down. We were both starving, so we made a trip to Wendy's for some food.
Upon coming back...we were greeted with a horrific scene. Sammie's audible gasp made me quickly realize what had gone awry. Cooper (my family's golden doodle) had gotten into our pies! He had obviously stood up and tried to get at them, because both of our pies were dented and hers had two perfect paw print markings on one half. Luckily he didn't actually eat them, as our pictures demonstrate, but he definitely tried. We think we've narrowed it down to two possible scenarios. Either the pie was too hot and he didn't want to eat it, or we got home right as he jumped up, because the pies were still very much there where normally I think he would've just consumed the entirety of them. Needless to say, Sammie and I both plan on still eating the pies, as well as serving them to our boys. Jared will never know the difference, and I don't plan on telling Riley until AFTER he eats his piece. Aren't they lucky guys?! First and last time WE try to be all domestic!!

This is Sammie being angry with Cooper

As a side note, if anyone was wondering how Jared and Sammie talk to eachother over text? It goes a little something like this...
"Dear Shnookums,
I cherish the passion we share for eachother. I miss my sweet Teddy bear every time we're apart. Love waits for only one thing, the right moment. Soul meets soul on lover's lips.
My little cabbage, your eyes make me swim through them. Oh object of my affection, every day I love you more and more. My smoochy dumpling butt, how much I care for you. You are the Don Juan of my heart, my casanova you.
Love,
Sammie"

No comments:

Post a Comment