Friday, October 9, 2009

Bridals...?

So...yesterday was a bit hectic to say the least! I went and had my normal hairstylist do my hair for my bridal pictures. The appointment was at one o'clock, and my bridals were scheduled for 3pm. She finished my hair, after trying out a few different styles, and I was on my way to the Victorian by 2:15. It was absolutely POURING rain in Ogden, and I was really worried the storm was heading south and would ruin my appointment. Oh, did I mention as I was driving from Ogden to Layton, I wore my headpiece jewelry type thing AND my veil? I'm sure if anyone noticed, they thought I was crazy. So I made it to the Victorian just a few minutes before my grandma and aunt showed up, so I decided to start putting on makeup in the car. Bad decision. My bronzer chipped off in a few places and fell onto the leather seats of my car, and I had bronzer stuck all over the butt of my jeans when I got out. Anyways, I hurried and rushed to put on the rest of my makeup, and got all the bridals shot. Luckily it didn't rain, and the weather was beautiful. I wish I could say the same for the pictures though! My hair looked absolutely terrible, but the photography was great. We're still very impressed with our photographer (Chris Wood). After looking over the pictures, we decided that we needed to reshoot the bridals another time. So an appointment was made for the next day (today actually) and I'm going to just do my hair myself. Hopefully they'll turn out better the second time around. The photographer assured us that they reshoot bridals quite often because of the hair, so I didn't feel quite as bad.

Couldn't bring myself to make it to my anthropology class last night as I was still a bit down in the dumps about the pictures. So I e-mailed the professor my assignment and sat home and watched Spongebob, ate pringles, and then also took a bath instead. It was a nice break. To finish off the night, I got to watch the Office with Riley after he got off work. Made my entire night 100% better to see Jim and Pam FINALLY GET MARRIED!!!!

Stay tuned to see how take two of the bridals go today. I'm keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed that everything works out!

2 comments:

  1. That's crazy! It was pouring rain! Luckily it didn't get you! Don't worry I'm sure your new ones will work out perfectly! I mean how bad can they be with such a beautiful model posing? Love ya! Good luck with all the wedding plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa! We had Chris Wood shoot our wedding and we LOVED the pictures! We still haven't picked any for our book (7 months later), but he was great!! Good choice :)

    ReplyDelete