Saturday, March 6, 2010

My Life is (anything BUT) Average!























I've had a lot of things on my mind lately.
Fast approaching is my 2 year anniversary of my graduation.


I can't even wrap my head around that!
I had some of the BEST times in high school.


It's hard for me to think that all my friends are so spread out.
Everyone seems to be going in so many different directions.
Whether it be with school/missions/getting married, etc.
Anytime I drive by Davis High during lunch, a tear or two comes to my eye.
Which is saying a lot.
Because I'm NOT an emotional person.

Visiting old places we all hung out...
It seems I can't go anywhere without thinking of a memory or two I had there.
All the crazy/stupid things we did.
(There were a LOT)
But I wouldn't take back a single one.

I have been SO blessed.
To have such AMAZING friends.
I look up to everyone of you as an example.
You've all impacted my life in a positive way.


I wouldn't be where I am without all of you.
As each year goes by, we all get more spread apart.
However, only in a physical sense.


I could think of a a bunch of friends off the top of my head.
That no matter how long it had been since we last talked,
would do anything for me.


You have no idea how much that means to me.

So here's you YOU,
my friends.


May I wish you the BEST of luck in ALL your endeavors.

Here's to reminiscing on old times.
And for all the GREAT times we all have in store.
Whether it's together,
or with new friends.

Our futures will consist of whatever we choose to make of them.

Do not walk in front of me, I may not follow. Do not walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.

- Albert Camus -

We all take different paths in life but no matter where we go,
we take a little of each other everywhere.

- Tim McGraw -

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

"Friends are the most important ingredient in this recipe of life."

"Though our communication wanes at times of absence, I'm aware of a strength that emanates in the background."
-Claudette Renner
"Friends are God's way of taking care of us."


"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert "Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of joy you must have somebody to divide it with."
- Mark Twain

"I count myself in nothing else so happy. As in a soul rememb'ring my good friends."
-William Shakespeare
"My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me."
Henry Ford
"The happiest moments my heart knows are those in which it is pouring forth its affections to a few esteemed characters."
- Thomas Jefferson
"Life is partly what we make it, and partly what is made by the friends whom we choose."

-Tehyi Hsieh
"I no doubt deserved my enemies, but I don't believe I deserved my friends."

- Walt Whitman

"Friendship without self interest is one of the rare and beautiful things in life."

- James Francis Byrnes

"Do not save your loving speechesFor your friends till they are dead;Do not write them on their tombstones,Speak them rather now instead.
- Anna Cummins
"Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say."

"Friendship is the golden ribbon that ties the world together."

"Money might make you wealthy, but friends makes you rich."

"A faithful friend is a strong defense and he that hath found one hath found a treasure"


"No lapse of time or distance of place can lessen the friendship of those who are truly persuaded of each other's worth."
- Unknown

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute Alyssa!! Good times! I love all your quotes. Where'd you find all of them?

    ReplyDelete