Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

All I can say is, I'm so happy that my friends have seemingly grown out of the "pinching" stage. The one where everyone ran around on St. Patrick's Day, pouncing on every helpless victim who inadvertently forgot to wear green. You know what I'm talkin' about. I remember in elementary school, and even Jr. High, when I would forget to wear something festive I'd just make a mark on my hand in green pen. Or tell people that I got to pinch them TWICE because I was, in fact, wearing green underwear. Which always worked until someone got the nerve to actually call me out on it. Then things went downhill from there. Fast. Yikes.

I went to Starbuck's with my good friend Tara this morning. We sat for about an hour and a half, enjoying eachother's company as well as doing some people watching. I think coffee shops and cafe's are the best for that. This very large woman came in with a Chihuahua wrapped up in her arms, clinging on for dear life. The poor thing had probably been dropped several times. The girl was trying to pull off the sweat pants with Uggs over the top look, and it just wasn't working for her.

Also, I say if you're larger in stature, get a bigger dog. That way it doesn't make you look bigger than you actually are? I dunno..I should probably keep my mouth shut. That could be my reality in 10 years?........

Besides checking this lady out, we chatted about our lives and how everyone is doing crazy things. Going to school, getting married (honestly. Who DOES that?), traveling the world, starting photography businesses, etc. It was fun to catch up with her since I don't see her often enough. We used to ditch at least one class together every day in high school ;)

I went to lunch with my mother this afternoon at a cute little mom and pop restaurant called Granny Annie's. It's the classic place where we all ditched class to go during high school. Till they put out a sign saying that everyone had to purchase at least $3 worth of food when they visited. So much for just going and all sharing a scone, eh? Fun suckers.

After, I went with her to pick up my little brother from school. As the bell rang, a huge array of green outfits came fluttering out. They're OBVIOUSLY not as mature as I happen to be, because I'm sure half of them did it out of pure anxiety at the thought of being pinched. It seems to be just another way that doting mothers protect their children. "Honey! Come back! Your shirt isn't a dark enough shade of green and I'm afraid the other children will pick on you!"

Not gonna lie, I'm probably going to be just like that when I have kids. Why give other children a free shot at your kid?

Maybe I'll be festive tonight and make some corned beef or something for dinner? Ugh, that would entail another stop at the store. We'll see if I work up the courage to do it.

In the meantime, want to know how I've spent the MAJORITY of my holiday? Editing my paper for Philosophy class tonight. Here's to "Searle's Chinese Room Thought Experiment". It's an interesting enough topic, but I'm all about the five paragraph essays from high school.

College is hard....

1 comment:

  1. I don't like college :( but that's my fault. And I have to admit I'm not a big St Patty's Day person!

    (Oh and I LOVE the discussions. I've actually been meeting with the missionaries for a while.. haha)

    ReplyDelete