Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Since I no longer work on Mondays, Tuesday has become the beginning of my work week.
The weather was so warm that I had to bust on the AC! In Utah! In March! It probably has a little bit to do with the fact that my car is black. And has black leather seats. Sun magnet. But whatever the reasons, it made for a happy Alyssa on her way to work.

When I got there, I had prepped myself for the days events. I love my job for many reasons, but the biggest is because every day is different. I see many of the same people on certain days of the week, but their stories are always changing.

We see ALL sorts of people. The ones who are super shy about their reasons for coming in (like, they refuse to tell me. Even when I tell them I don't need to know the specifics, but just a broad spectrum in order to set them up with a counselor. They refuse.) But also the ones who are willing to spill the beans about EVERY little detail. For instance, "My husband cheated on me with my sister. My sister is now pregnant. My mother is counseling my husband to leave me, and be with my sister. Me own kids are on drugs. I have addiction issues. I was abused as a child. We're currently living on welfare. I can't find my keys....etc.....etc...etc"

So needless to say, we get some crazies! But there are also some of the coolest people ever. Like this cute older lady (when I say older, she's probably in her 50's) that I see almost weekly. Her husband is in the service, and has been serving overseas for the past 6 months. She stood in front of my desk and told me all about how excited she was that her "sweetheart" was coming home in a few days, and she would be seeing him for the first time in a LONG time. I hope that I'm still that in love with Riley when I'm older. I'm talking the whole schmeal. Hand holding, pet name calling, and forehead kisses.

After work I headed home and saw Riley for a few minutes. This last week he has been in training at America First and has had really long work days. He'll be at work at 8, come home at 5. Hurry and change out of his shirt and tie, and put on some grunge clothes. Leave for FedEx ASAP, and be home by 9:30. I've gotta admire him for going out and being incredibly busy like that. But on a high note, he aced his tellers test! 95%! Phew. We studied for a little last night. Good to know it paid off.

I took off to the dreaded grocery store after he left. I hate going food shopping. I feel like everybody around me is watching everything I put in my cart. Like the organic food freak that watched me put in a bottle of Diet Coke and some Poptarts in my cart. Yeah, I eat junk food sometimes. I feel like it evens out the fact that the only other things I have in my cart is spinach, two cartons of strawberries, a pineapple, and skim milk. So stick that in your juice box and suck it.

Maybe it's because I've been listening to the Mamma Mia soundtrack relentlessly in my car for the last few days, but I'm pretty sure a few tracks were made specifically for me. This week, I feel like "Does Your Mother Know" would be an appropriate theme song. I realize I'm not that old myself, but lately I've been hit on by the youngest looking guys! The ones who haven't realized that a ring on my left hand means I'm MARRIED. Sometimes I just randomly want to break out into that song when they approach me!!

Anyways, I got a lot accomplished today. At least it FEELS like it.

Those days are always the best. I got groceries (including cereal that Riley actually likes. Sometimes I purposefully buy things he doesn't care for, just being bitter about him not coming with me ;) I finished ALL our dishes. Put away some laundry, vaccuumed, and tried to coerce my mother and Aunt (Yes. YOU!) into going to see a movie with me tomorrow. We'll see how that goes... I swear if I get another raincheck..well..I'll just go by myself. That'll show 'em, right?

Well, Benny is currently fast asleep on the bottom of our bed. Riley is patiently waiting for me to finish with this post so we can watch The Office. So I guess "there's my sign" to wrap things up.

'Night!

2 comments:

  1. I love watching The Office with my boyfriend! That's great that you love your job, it makes life so much easier when you can go to work every day and enjoy what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally have Mama Mia in my CD player right now! I listen to it sometime when I am getting ready. So cute. And. I like Diet Coke too. AND I just bought poptarts as well. AND we watch the office too! :-)

    ReplyDelete