Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009!






















This Christmas turned out to be better than we could have hoped for! We had such a fun time spending the entire day with eachother and just being with our friends and family! Sammie slept over on Christmas Adam (The day before Christmas Eve..ha, I'm so funny) after we spent the night with she and Jared. Our sleepovers always turn out to be a good time. Riley woke up on Christmas Eve day to her sleeping on the couch. He went over and stood right above her for a few minutes, obnoxiously clearing his throat trying to wake her up. After several failed attempts, he came back into our room and said, "Well. She's dead..." HA! That morning we went over to Riley's parents house and had breakfast with Jared, Sammie, and Jordan. Breakfast was followed by some Wii Mario and other general festivities. That night we had dinner at Riley's parents house, followed by fondue and games. The highlight of the evening was probably the Nativity that was attempted by the grandbabies. Joseph (Braxton), the shepherd (Boston), and the angel (Novali) all had bottles in their mouths for the pictures. Little Mary (Coral) cooperated the whole time though and looked darling! She stood very quiet and still for all the pictures and was on her best behavior. Despite the lack of togetherness, we got some cute pictures of the four of them!

Christmas morning, Riley and I woke up around 8 and opened our presents that we had gotten for eachother. We got a bunch of new movies from "Santa", and Riley bought me a pair of jeans, some lotions from VS, and a few other goodies! I got him...*drum roll please* an XBox 360 and a game, and a Rubix (Rubiks?? idk..) cube game thing. For some reason he LOVES to solve them, so I figured that would keep him entertained for awhile. I may have gotten myself a silk robe from VS, and Riley MAY have gotten himself some legos. But hey, we deserved them! We then made our way to my parents house for more presents and breakfast. Carter got Riley a banana chair to play his new game system on, and McKenna got us a gift certificate to El Matador. I actually think that gift may have trumped the 360, but I should have the whole "Way to a man's heart is through his stomach thing" down by now. I had been a little bummed about the XBox, because our TV pooped out on us a few weeks ago. We got it for free off of KSL, and got a good months worth of use out of it, but I was still saddened it had died. However, all my sadness was put aside when my dad brought out our final gift! They got us a brand new TV!! YAY!!!! I'm not spilling too many details about it, because we want all our friends to come check it out themselves! I thought Riley was going to cry out of happiness when we watched our first movie on it, and that's saying something! My parents bought Carter and McKenna Rock Band 2, and Lego Rock Band, so we spent a good amount of time fooling around with those games in the afternoon. It was a way fun time spending time with my family and carrying on the Christmas Breakfast tradition.

Later that evening, we headed over to Riley's parents house for the sibling gift exchange. We were way excited for Braxton, Boston, Bethanie, and Neil to open the presents we got for them. The boys got matching outfits and a sled, we got Booey a SNUGGIE (Yep, you heard me right, and she absolutely adores it so get over it), and we gave Neil some barbecue and grilling accessories, since he's into that sorta stuff. Jessie gave us a big bread basket from Great Harvest, and a gift certificate for Pier 1. Way excited about that! His parents also got us gift cards to Blockbuster and Iggy's, which we were also happy about! They also got us a shelf system to put in our second bedroom. Hopefully we'll get that set up here soon so we can bring some organization once again to that room, and maybe actually use it as an office or something. Also, Riley had saved a present for me that had to be opened in front of his whole family. Turns out he got me a LAMINATED copy of the New Moon posted with JACOB on the front. Ballin'. Best. Gift. Ever. I also had him open his last presents from me, including a season of Family Guy, and Season 1 of The Amazing Race!!!

Since Christmas, we've just been enjoying the time together. We've watched a few movies on the new TV, done some shopping, and lots of playing. It has been way fun to start our own Christmas traditions, as well as be able to participate in the ones our families both have as well. We're so grateful to be close to our parents so we can visit as often as we want. We definitely lucked out!

On Monday after work I spent some time with Jocelyn shopping. We went to Downeast, Old Navy, and the mall. I always enjoy hanging out with her! She's such a fun, cute girl, and it's nice to spend some time with the female gender. Don't get me wrong, I adore my husband, but there's just something awesome about a good girls night!

Yesterday, I went to lunch and a movie all the girls in Riley's family, including his mom, Carolyn, Shrena, Bethanie, Jessie, his Grandma Wiser, and Coral. We went to the Red Robin and had a fun time chatting. After, we went to the Frog Princess movie at Tinseltown. It was a darling show, but it may be a little scary for small children. There were some pretty intense parts for a Disney movie. I enjoyed it nonetheless. After the movie, I went to the mall with McKenna and my mom for a little post Christmas shopping.

I'm at work typing this up, but as soon as I get the time, pictures will follow. I had to hurry and post so I didn't have any more complaints from Riley's dad about my lack of blogging...So, here's to you, Wes. I got a few books from the library that were recommended by one of the therapist's I work with, so I think I'll get to reading one of those, but stay tuned for posts to come about our New Year's resolutions and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment