Monday, December 21, 2009

Sorry for the lack of blogging...

But our lives have been super busy the last little bit! We've been running around doing Christmas shopping, playing a ridiculous amount of games, and eating much too much food.

Here's a little recap of the goings-on.

Sunday-Dinner at both my parent's house and at Austin and Shrena's. We had stew at my parents house, and laid around playing the Wii and sleeping until Kylee came by with her AMAZING caramel popcorn! We ate the WHOLE bag between four of us!!! Yum!! Homemade soup at Austin and Shrena's, followed by pie and other goodies.

Saturday-We went shopping with Jared and Sammie. We split up from the boys so we could actually get something done, and were very successful! I'm so excited for Christmas to come so Riley can open up the awesome stuff I got him! Yay for our first Christmas together. I spent a good amount of time at my parent's house wrapping his presents because I knew there's no safe place to hide them from him unwrapped at our house. But while I was there, McKenna's date came to pick her up for the Christmas Dance at Davis. He goes to Viewmont...but he's a cute kid, so I'll let it slide. I'm a traitor myself, and married a Viking, but whatev. That night we went to my friend Amanda's reception! She was a beautiful bride, and we're so excited for her and Mitch! That night we played some serious Phase 10 with Jared and Sammie, and ate fruit pizza Riley's mom made.

Friday-I worked all day, and so did Riley...but AFTER work, I went to my work's Christmas party and had a way fun time! White elephant gift exchange, catered dinner, and raffle makes for a good time! I have way cool co-workers. When I got home, I took a quick nap, but then Riley's mom, Carolyn, and Jessie came over to have us sign the pillowcase they're sending Baker! Riley put an outline of his foot, and his elbow traced on the pillowcase...what a weird kid... We spent the remainder of the night in Hooper at Sammie's playing games at her house! And yes, it's like 40 miles one way! Ridiculous. Note to self: Never move to Hooper. Pretty sure you pass Wendover on your way out...

Thursday night I went to my home ward's relief society Christmas Party with my mom. It was fun to go and catch up with all the cute ladies from the ward. We ate lots of delish food, listened to a Christmas program (well, I did, my mom accompanied a few of the songs), and just had an all around fun time socializing with everyone. One of my absolute favorite Young Women's leaders is expecting a baby and just found out the gender! She's the same lady that made us teh caramel popcorn. I threatened to tell her husband the gender of the baby since she wouldn't give me the recipe..but it was an empty threat, and didn't really work anyway....

WEDNESDAY, I took my very last final, and we went to Riley's work's dinner party at the Cheesecake Factory! Had a fun time messing around with his co-workers and having an enjoyable night. Also got Jordan and Alyssa's wedding invitation that day! We got cornered by members of the Elders Quorum that were visiting our apartment complex after dinner, so we invited them in and spent some time getting to know them.

I'll post some pictures later. We're way excited for Christmas and a break from our jobs! I'll be sure to keep our few readers updated on the goings-on, but here's what we have to look forward to:

Christmas Eve-will probably consist of me playing the piano while his family sings Christmas songs. I've been specifically asked. Pretty sure that's why they let me stay around, because I can play the piano for all the times that specific talent comes in handy...

Christmas Morning at our house! Then followed by making the rounds to our parent's houses, family outings, etc etc.

Coral is also probably going to be spending the night with us sometime soon, too! We owe Austin and Shrena for watching Benny for us when we went to Powell this last summer, PLUS it'll be a blast. Coral is such a funny little girl. She already asked permission last night to bring her pony games and blocks with her when she comes, so that'll be a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment