Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Resolutions, and a recap of our year.

This year I've decided to set resolutions different from my ordinary, "Lose 10 pounds, don't procrastinate, exercise every day..etc etc etc" Maybe it's just me, but I never seem to accomplish any of those. I get bummed when I miss even a single day, and then I kinda just give up. So I decided to set different types of goals this year. Fun ones, that I'll actually enjoy accomplishing. And hey, if I happen to lose 10 pounds on the way, so be it ;)

1-Get good at the XBox 360. Riley enjoys it, and the only game I can beat him in is Mario Kart for the N64.

2-Get my concealed weapons permit. Enough said.

3-Apply for the Amazing Race once I turn 21. Shrena+Me=Amazing, unbeatable team.

4-Get my motorcycle license. Riley takes me for rides on my dads motorcycle, and he has a few of his own, but I want to be able to ride one on the road myself. Legally.
5-Be better about blogging. There's a lot of fun things that happen everyday that I want to remember down the road.

6-Make a movie at Lake Powell.

7-Talk Riley into letting me get a bunny.


Those are all the ones I've had on my mind for the last little bit, and I'll be sure to update on my progress!

Now for our year recap. I've seen this done on some of my friends' blogs so I decided to do it on my own. Here's a month by month history of our year!!

January-Started dating officially. Nothing TOO exciting that I can remember from this month other than spending a ridiculously large amount of time together. I think since we met, there have been literally less than 5 days we've gone without seeing eachother.
February-Had our first Valentine's Day as a couple. Riley spoiled me with a dozen roses and a cute pink teddy bear he had delivered to my house that morning. He wrote me a note that was delivered with the flowers, and in it he told me he loved me for the first time! Aww...

March- We took a trip to Moab with our friends Jared, Peter, Brianna, and Trenton! We made the decision before we got down there that we wouldn't eat at any recognizable fast food chains. Instead we ate at little hole-in-the-wall cafe's and things, and had a blast. We slept in tents, went to Arches National Park, had a few campfires, learned that people can sleep through shoes being thrown at them, only got one speeding ticket (Riley...) and came away with tons of memories with awesome friends!


April- April marked the beginning of our camping adventures. We went up to Logan canyon. The boys brought their guns and had a fun time shooting at random targets. Peter heard/saw a "Bear/Mountain Lion/Satan Indian", we had an easter egg hunt, ate omelets in a bag, and built houses out of the logs in the fire. We also spent a lot of time at Farmington Pond fishing and playing with Riley's remote control boat. RIP.

May- One crazy month. It was during May that we: 1. Saran wrapped Peter to a pole on Main Street in Centerville. Funny until people called 911 and two cops showed up. Then it was hilarious. 2. Did a better toilet papering job than anyone could ever out-do. This was done to Peter's car...wow. I promise we don't really hate him? 3- Riley showed me, Jared, and Sammie how to make our very own wallets out of plastic and colored duct tape. 4-Took another camping trip up Logan canyon 5- Went bike riding for the first time on the Legacy Trail. Two bikes+Jordan's tandem=lots of fun!









June-The weather started getting nice so we did a lot of four wheeling up Bountiful canyon. Minus the few times we had to pull the machines out of the snow, it was a good time!


July-Went to Lake Powell with Riley's family! Did lots of cliff jumping, carp catching/torturing ("Eat some ham, eat some ham!!!), eating, swimming, death tubing, and cave exploring. Got lots of sun and even more pictures. Slept on the roof of the houseboat (learned to appreciate my AC) and played lots of Vampire Baseball!!!



August- Got engaged at Farmington Pond, one of my favorite places on earth. Had a pregnancy scare (Not really, inside joke...) and started up on the wedding plans. Reserved the temple before I even had a ring.

September- We spent my 20th birthday in New York with my dad! One of the funnest trips of my life. We went to Times Square, the Empire State building, Immigration Island, the Statue of Liberty, Canal Street, Chinatown, Carnegie Deli, World Trade Center reconstruction site, Carmine's, Wall Street, and pretty much every other notable place in Manhattan. Ended up having to leave Riley alone to sleep over at JFK for one night. One of the worst days ever, having to leave my fiance in New York alone, AND having to explain to his parents why he wasn't on the plane back with us. Note to anyone reading: Never let your ID leave your person when you're vacationing. Or ever. Had a few bridal showers, and started looking for a place to live.

October- We bought our condo and started the renovations about two weeks before we were getting married. Spent lots of time working on that, while I struggled to stay afloat in my classes at school, too. We got married on the 30th in the Logan Utah Temple. We had our beautiful reception at the Manor at Eldredge Square in Bountiful, followed by our honeymoon. We spent two nights at the Anniversary Inn in Salt Lake then took off for a week to gorgeous Lake Tahoe. Had an absolute blast being with my best friend.

November- Spent our first Thanksgiving together. Had dinner at Riley's parents house, then went to a movie with my family. Had an overall successul day/month.

December-Spent our first Christmas/New Year's together. We spent New Year's with our friends Jared and Sammie and my family. Went up to my Aunt and Uncle's house in Pleasant View for games and food, then stopped at the church building my other Aunt and Uncle had reserved for more games and MORE food. Also spent some time in December visiting my grandpa in the skilled nursing facility he has been in for a few weeks recovering from surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment