Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's the thought that counts!

It seems like this week has flown by incredibly fast. Probably because I've stayed pretty busy with work on Monday and Wednesday, and lots of adventures in between. On Wednesday night, I came home from work at about 9:30 to Riley making dinner. Cute. He went out and bought everything he needed for it at the store. He said, "I figure since you always have dinner made and ready by the time I get home, I ought to do that for you once in awhile, too." So needless to say, I had to snap a few pictures, and I'm glad I did. Here's what he made. Chicken patties on buns, complete with curly fries. He even bought Some Dude's Fry Sauce to go with it, or SDFS as it's affectionately referred to in our home.




Anyway, upon removing the tray from the oven, Riley lost a french fry to the depths of the oven. It just HAPPENED to land on the actual burner, and almost caught on fire. Despite my heedings that the fire alarm would go off, he left the oven open while he dished out on food onto our plates.


It DID indeed go off, and I think he felt that his whole making dinner for me experience had been ruined, but it just made me laugh. Way hard, in fact. I'm hoping it doesn't affect his ego to the point where he won't make dinner for me anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment