Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Poem

So the last few days have consisted of me, Jared, Sammie, Riley, and Jordan playing the new Mario game for the Wii for endless hours! We played last night for like three hours straight. Pretty sure Jordan isn't a team player, and kept killing us all because he's better at it. After we got sick of being beaten, we played some Phase 10 and ate this yummy caramel cereal stuff Riley's mom made. I spent the majority of the day yesterday at Riley's house hanging out even after he had left for work. I watched Angels and Demons with his dad, ate dinner with his family, and went to Blockbuster and Starbuck's with Carolyn. Good times.

Highlight of my week, I found out my grades! 3.6. Not bad at all..this whole college thing has been hard...

Here's a Christmas poem I wrote, hope you all enjoy.

Christmas is coming, and I love this time of year!
Friends and family close around, the days are full of cheer.
Despite all the fun and games, I have a few complaints,
as shopping rolled around, it was time to bring out my war paints.

Sammie and I bravely headed to the mall, with gifts to buy in mind,
We planned to wander through store after store, using a game plan we had designed.
We drove around for what seemed like hours, looking for the perfect spot.
The place was packed, we knew it! Not one place in the whole parking lot!

The stores were overflowing with people, running all around,
Thanks to a sign floating above people's heads, the end of the line we found :)
We got what we were looking for, and perhaps a little something for ourselves.
After all the hard work we'd done, we deserved a gift or two from "Santa's little elves".

I was incredibly pleased with the gifts that I had bought,
and I went to my parent's house to wrap them, because peek, Riley must NOT.
I fought with the wrapping paper just like I always do,
I wanted it to be just perfect despite the work I'd have to go through.

Now I'm just patiently waiting, for Christmas to finally get here,
We'll watch some festive movies tonight, to bring in all the cheer.
I wish for it to snow at least ten feet so we'll have to be bundled up tight,
Awaiting for the morning to finally come, on the Eve of Christmas night.

No comments:

Post a Comment