Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Concert & the weekend!

On Thursday night me, my mom, Carter & McKenna had the opportunity to go to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir annual Christmas concert at the Conference Center. We trekked down in the freezing temperatures, despite my mom almost giving herself a heart attack on several occasions. She's definitely not as aggressive as I am when it comes to driving, so telling her to merge into a full lane sometimes doesn't go over well. Also, when she accidentally handed Carter two tickets, leaving her with just two others in her hand, she tried to come up with some reason why I was going to have to leave without attending the concert..in a nice way of course. Right. Luckily for me, we realized we DID in fact have four tickets and all of us made it in the building. The cute little ladies checking bags at the door got a kick out of the fact I had a couple pairs of socks in my purse. Not sure why they found that strange? Our tickets ended up being on the seventh row, very middle section. They even had to check our tickets to pull aside the velvet divider thing so we could get to our seats! Sahweet! I guess it pays off to have an aunt who is a personal secretary for President Uchtdorf, and can get us amazing seats to events like that! The concert was incredible. It featured Natalie Cole and David McCullough, and it was great. It was fun to get to spend some time with my family.

I also think you all will enjoy the quote of the night. Here's the context surrounding that quote. The concert had finished and the four of us were waiting at a crosswalk to get to our car. While we're there we see a procession of sorts of black SUV's, and I said something like "Well, there go all the IMPORTANT people." McKenna gets this surprised look on her face and says, "The Jazz players were here?!"

Hahahahahahaha.

Friday night Riley and I spent the evening at our house watching movies in bed. We (well, Riley mostly, because I fell asleep halfway through) watched "Public Enemies". It was really good from what I saw. One day I'll have to see the rest. It was a RedBox, complimentary of the free codes Riley keeps getting magically sent to his phone and e-mail....

Saturday we attended my Uncle Todd's funeral. It was a great service! I was so proud of his little girl for doing such a great job on her talk/tribute and her flute solo. Afterwards, we all went to the Spaghetti Factory for lunch. That night, we also broke into Jordan and Alyssa's new apartment. Sshhh...more details about that to come.

Sunday we went to Tanner's farewell! He's headed to the New Hampshire mission, and he's going to be such a great missionary!! I'm so excited for him. Riley and I promised to send him some good treats while he's in the MTC, but since he's stateside, I guess we can send whatever we want to him through the duration of the mish! Lucky boy! That night we went to Riley's sister Bethanie's house to celebrate Braxton's third birthday. He's such a cute little kid, and he loved singing "Happy Birthday" to himself. It mainly just consisted of him yelling really loud at the first, and tapering off towards the end.




Today I'm back at work, doing the yearly Christmas cards. LDS Family Services sends out what I swear is like a billion cards every year. This year it seems that they've significantly cut down on the number, but there will be at least 1,000. The responsibility of getting the cards stufffed and the envelopes labeled falls on me, so that's what I'll be doing here at my desk for the next week or so in case anyone was wondering!

I finish up the semester this week with my very last final on Wednesday night. I'm so happy the semester is almost over, and I'll have some more free time to get things done around the house and spend time with Riley. Jared has also moved back home to Centerville, so we'll get to see those guys a lot more often, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment