Thursday, January 7, 2010

As I was contemplating on everything I had last year...

I am thankful...

For the bed I have to make every morning, because it means I had somewhere warm to sleep.

For the taxes I pay, because it means I have a job.

The mess to clean after a party, because it means I was surrounded by friends.

The clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enough to eat.

My shadow that watches me work, because it means I am out in the sunshine.

For the mom that overworked every detail, because it means she wanted my wedding to be perfect.

The in-laws that sacrificed a weeks worth of their timeshare, because we had a wonderful honeymoon.

For the mornings I woke up tired, because it means I had a fun day/night previously.

For the friends that came and stayed, because it means they truly care for me.

The new camera that's smarter than me, because it's helping me remember all the fun times I've had.

A room that needs vaccuuming, windows that need to be cleaned, and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.

For all the complaining I hear about the government, because it means we have freedom of speech.

For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I am capable of walking.

For the money I have to spend on gas, because it means I have a car to get me places.

For my heating bill, because it means I was warm the last month.

For the lady behind me in church who sings off key, because it means I can hear.

For the pile of laundry and ironing, because it means I have clothes to wear.

For all the heartaches and other emotions in my life, because it helps me differentiate them from the good ones.

For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day, because it means I have been capable of working hard.

For all the disagreements and long talks I've had, because it means it meant enough to that other person to work things out.

For overtime at work, because it means I'll have money to buy groceries with.

For the husband who is on the sofa being a couch potato, because that means he is home with me and not out with someone else.

For the husband that hogs all the sheets and sometimes pushes me off the bed, because that means he'll still be there when I wake up.

And for the husband who tries to hug me at annoying/inconvenient times, because it means he loves me and wants to show it.

No comments:

Post a Comment