Monday, June 21, 2010

Toy Story 3,Chalk Art Festival, and Father's Day!

















This Saturday after we got off work we went to Thaifoon for dinner with my family. We were going to go see Toy Story 3 on Friday night but it was all sold out! Bummer!! My family went while we were at work and told us how funny and cute it was. So while we were waiting for our food, we bought tickets on Riley's phone for a showing that night.
Dinner was super yummy. We love Thaifoon. Especially the Surf 'n' Turf (beef and shrimp), and our all time favorite the Coconut Shrimp. To DIE for.

After dinner we made our way down the Gateway and looked at all the chalk art on the road. It was the annual Chalk Festival put on to sponsor Utah Foster Care. It was amazing!! I snapped a few pictures of my favorite ones.
Then it was on to the movie. We absolutely loved it! I laughed and I cried. It was pathetic. Definitely gotta buy that one when it comes out.

Sunday we had made plans to take Benny on a hike to Dog Lake. I had directions to get to the hike by way of Big Cotttonwood Canyon. We drove the entire 9 miles up the canyon to the beginning, and it turns out dogs aren't allowed on that side of the hike. You can get to Dog Lake from Millcreek, too, and that's the only place dogs are allowed. So...we had to turn around and get back out of the canyon and head to Millcreek. Good thing it was a beautiful day and the ride was enjoyable.

We got to Millcreek and half the road was still closed for WINTER (seriously? Not ok!), so we got out and just walked a few miles along the road. We stopped by the river to let Ben have a drink and we found a broken longboard propped up on the tree! So Riley marked the spot so we could pick it up on the way out. I don't feel too bad for stealing it because it's really busted up and broken... but Riley still wanted it to fix up.

We stopped at a picnic site and ate our treatse of dried apple slices, granola, and pretzels. It was a beautiful day, the weather was perfect, and it wore Benny right out. That was the best part! He slept soundly all through the night!!

Also on Sunday we went up to my parents house after our hike for Father's Day. We bought him the game Farkle to take in the camping trailer, and took up a couple pies from Marie Calendar's. Then we went over to Riley's parents house for Father's Day/my mother-in-law's birthday. We ate food out on their back lawn and enjoyed the weather. Then went inside and ate the cake that Shrena had made for Sharon. It was darling!!

Since it was Father's Day and all, I'd better talk about my dad for a bit. He's the greatest dad ever. I know everybody says that, but everyone else is lying, because MY dad is truly the best. He's the most sefless person I know. He always puts others needs/wants before his own. He'll go out of his way to serve anyone and everyone in their time of need. He's taught me a whole lot of life lessons, especially how to be frugal with money. If anyone knows my dad they know that he's the cheapest person ever (I mean that in the best way possible). He just saves, saves, saves. He'll wear the same clothes until they literally fall apart/off of him. I remember him teaching me when I was really little the difference between not only a "want or a need" but also the difference between an "asset or a liability". Pretty sure he talked me out of wasting my money on a whole lot of things when I was little. Even out of ice cream from the ice cream man because he's "A rip off". That all aside, I love my dad! I'm so grateful for everything he's done for our family and taught me. I wouldn't trade him for the world!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing weekend. That chalk art is pretty neat. We dont have anything like that here in Texas!

    ReplyDelete