Saturday, June 19, 2010

RIP Bugabee :(

Last year in February Riley, myself, and Rachel went to Bird World on an adventure. We were just looking, of course. It's a hobby of mine to go look at the different animals/fish/birds at pet stores and beg Riley to let me have them. It's a hobby of Riley's to tell me, "No".

I first begged and pleaded for a dog. (This was before we got Benny, of course).
He said, "No."

Then I asked for a bird.
He said, "No."

Maybe a rabbit?? They were so cute and furry!
"Nope."

A FISH!?!?
".............fine."

This answer was probably given to me out of sheer frustration, and probably just to shut me up. But he let me have a fish! THREE in fact. I happily left Bird World with my new found friends. Goldfish named Mai Tai, Bugabee (per Rachel), and Sushi.

They lived happily in a bowl I bought from TJ Max for a long long time.

Awhile back I came home (this was back before we were married) to my room and found that Carter had torn up small pieces of one of my art erasers and "fed" them to the fish. Sushi must have ingested one, because he died... poor little soul.

But the other two lived on happily. They've lived on top of our refridgerator in our apartment since we moved in. But today...as I was making myself a bagel for breakfast...I noticed a floater.

Poor, poor Bugabee had passed away. My first thought was, "Do I have the proper ingredients for funeral potatoes?" As this had become a tradition. I remember growing up my cousins and I found a dead cat in my grandpa's backyard garden. After giving the kitty a proper burial, we all came inside and decided it would be in everyone's best interest to make funeral potatoes. Because they're a family favorite.

I wish I would have taken a picture of the little dude before his passing. I didn't feel it appropriate to snap a picture of his lifeless body for the world to see...but let me tell ya, he was adorable.

Anyways, the purpose of this post is to properly honor my long lost friend, Bugabee. He will never be forgotten.

In other equally suckish news, the freaking Lakers won the Championship. This was completely unacceptable to me, and I will say absolutely nothing more about this.

1 comment:

  1. I despise the stinking lakers.

    I had a goldfish named Purple Purple (via one of my preschoolers) that lived for over a year. Cutest thing I ever had.

    ReplyDelete