Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Random Facts About Us!!




Every once in awhile at work I'll get super bored and stalk other people's blogs...And sometimes I come across blog posts that are just random lists about the person/couple who writes the blog. Since I thought it was such a fun idea, I decided I'd make my own list. It'll be fun to look back on later I think!!

-Riley and I met at a SINGLES WARD HALLOWEEN PARTY. Yikes. I was on a date with another guy...HE was on a date with another guy...Weird.

-He asked me to marry him the second day we ever talked. Over text. He found out that my favorite music artist was DJ Tiesto, whom he happens to also love. He said, "Will you marry me?" I said, "Maybe tomorrow".
-We share a love of The Office.
-I've only ridden on the back of his four wheeler once. I vowed to myself that that would NEVER happen again.

-I'm a HUGE dog person. He tolerates them.

-His favorite restaurant is El Matador.
-His favorite waiter was Geoff at Iggy's. Explanation: Riley drinks a TOOOONNN of liquid. Like a ridiculous amount. Riley says that Geoff is the only waiter he has ever had that could keep up with his habits. Always having a new glass before the other was empty.

-We watch either an episode of The Office or a movie on my laptop every night in bed. I ALWAYS fall asleep before him.
-He has a hatred for decorative pillows. I love them. He'll survive.

-Riley is a human garbage disposal. He'll eat anything and everything. EXCEPT cucumbers in vinegar and green olives. Two of my favorites.

-He would eat cereal for every. single. meal. if I let him. It goes without saying that we go through a TON of milk. (I'm talkin, probably three gallons every week.)

-Riley is very mechanical. Me=not so much. I can barely take a pen apart and put it back together correctly.

-Riley is incredibly OCD about random things. Anything with a numeric volume must be set on a multiple of 5.

-He's pretty fashion savvy, even though he'd never admit it. His brother and dad would just make fun and tell him he's "gay". He can pick outfits out "all by hisself".

-We both love to go camping. Riley loves to bring guns. I'm not a gun person...

-Riley will randomly surprise me when I come home to a clean house. Vaccuumed, dishes done, laundry forwarded. He won't, however, put away/hang up clothes. That'll always be my job.
-I'm, "Team Jacob". Riley is, "Team Emmett's Jeep"

-We got engaged at the Farmington Pond. He said, "Alyssa, will you marry me?" I said, "Not today. Maybe tomorrow." (Deja Vu?)

-We dated a year to the day that we got married (October 30th, 2008-October 30th, 2009)

-My favorite feature of Riley's is his eyes. He has GORGEOUS bright, blue eyes.

-We have a little terrier mix/pound puppy named Benny. He's incredibly spoiled and gets anything and everything he wants.

-We have a Sleep Number bed. My number is 5. His is 30. Which means he inevitably, "falls into the pit of despair" (AKA "my side") almost every night.

-Riley opens the door for me no matter the situation. Even if I'm driving, he'll get me in the car before himself.
-Riley is incredibly good with kids. I'm incredibly good at feeding kids candy and bribing them into liking me.

-Riley can't fall asleep unless his foot is touching my leg, and his hand is on my waist. How that works out, I don't even know.

-Riley would love to visit China and Dubai someday. Not going to lie, those places aren't high on my list...

-Riley has a hard time letting me do things by myself. If I even mention that I'm thirsty, need a bowl of ice cream, need to move my car, etc etc he'll immediately jump up and just do it/get it for me. I lucked out!

This post turned out to be mostly just things about Riley...but I feel good about it! He's a huge part of my life (obviously) and I love talking/bragging about him. I'm so blessed to be able to be with him forever. I'm not usually a sappy person, but I'm really thankful to have married the best guy ever! Love you!!

6 comments:

  1. I love this post! Love you. K bye. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could get by on only three gallons of milk a week! We go through 2 gallons a day during the summer when everyone is home! At least we'll have strong bones!! (and BTW, you DID luck out by marrying Riley!) (not that I'm biased)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I want to know is why Riley was on a date with a GUY at this Halloween party.... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He went with two of his guy friends to the party, and he and his friend Bryan came both dressed as cowboys. Everytime people would ask them what they were, Riley would put his arm over Bryan's shoulder and say, "Oh, we're Brokeback Mountain".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Lys! That was a great post! I miss seeing you two. Maybe at Grandpa's Saturday After Thanksgiving bash???

    ReplyDelete