Saturday, May 1, 2010

It's been SIX months!!

Yesterday was, in fact, our six month anniversary. How did we spend it, one might ask? Only the best way ever!! Watching the Jazz finish up the first round of playoffs! They beat the Nuggets at a home game last night, moving on now to face the Lakers on Sunday.

I had to work all day but while I was at work, Riley spent the day trying to find actual tickets to the game. And....may have diverted most of his attention to the time at "pick-and-pull". He went with a couple friends to find pieces of cars they needed. Usually I would frown down upon the fact that they were at this activity for more than 5 hours, but it was well spent because he found me a new tail light! Due to my accident a MONTH ago, and the fact that the insurance company still hasn't sent me a check, I had been driving around with a broken tail light AND a taped up bumper. It really is the epitome of class. I wish I had a picture of it accessible.

Anyways, we didn't have any luck with cheap tickets, so we watched the game at my parents house. I was exhausted from a long day's work, and had to be up early this morning to be at my OTHER job, so we came home and went straight to bed. Didn't do anything really notable for our anniversary. I feel like such a bad wife...maybe I'll make up for it and make dinner tonight or something. That has become a rare such occasion in our house.

Our time since the last post has mostly been spent at our various jobs. I restored a lovely black and white lamp with Brianna on Wednesday night, and we found a cheap black bookshelf type thing that we put in our kitchen. Both from the DI! LOVE it. I need to find some time to devote to our poor house...for as many things we actually finished before moving in, there's still a few things that need a little love. Such as a tile backsplash in our kitchen....*hint hint* *cough cough*, Riley.

I kidnapped McKenna from school and we went shopping this week. To Tai Pan, Kohl's, and our BFF Deseret Industries. Found nothing exciting at the DI, but bought a cute picture from Tai Pan for our bathroom. McKenna found a cute comforter set at Kohl's, so we bought it and put it on her bed when we got home. Darling.

We had plans to go camping this weekend (tonight) but they were foiled by the weather. Silly Utah. Since when does it snow/rain/sleet/hail at the end of April?! We'll have to come up with some new plans. Hopefully something exciting to report!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alyssa, It's Vanessa. I am Riley's friend. add me at brandonandvanessabrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete