Wednesday, May 12, 2010

JEEP!!!


We really have done nothing but work the past little while. I have pretty much nothing new to report, EXCEPT the fact that we bought a Jeep!!! We have been looking around for one for awhile, but never found anything that really caught our eye. Especially because people that own Jeeps usually trash them, so we weren't finding anything in our price range that wasn't totally beat up. BUT!! We got incredibly lucky and found a guy who was selling his because it had developed a clunking noise and he didn't have the money to fix it.

Taking our first ride in it, I figured the same thing that the last owner did. There was something terribly, terribly wrong with it. It made a horrible ticking noise and I didn't think it was anything we wanted to deal with. Riley did some investigating under the hood and found out immediately what the problem was. There was a bolt that had rusted out, that was keeping the transfer case in place. Or...something.. to that effect. Anyways, Riley knew that this would be a cheap (20 dollar) fix. So we bought it!! Riley and Jared spent quite a bit of time wandering pick and pulls for the pieces that they needed to fix it, but now it runs like a champ!!

Gets terrible gas mileage, is completely bad for the environment, definitely NOT a daily driver but...we love it! We've already got a few camping trips planned, and we'll be out fourwheeling with it this weekend. Jared already convinced Riley to come with him and his Jeep on Saturday, so there will definitely be pictures coming soon.

This past Sunday was Mother's Day. I'm completely terrible with gifts...I stewed over a gift for the entire week, but couldn't decide on anything. Flowers are classic, but pretty cliche. Plus my mom always complains about how they die. We ended up just making dinner for my mom and family. It wasn't anywhere up to the caliber that my mom's meals are, but it was good!

While I'm on the topic, I need to give a shout out to my mom. She's the greatest lady ever. She has limitless patience for me and my siblings (and my dad, sometimes ;). She's incredibly understanding and easy to talk to, and would bend over backwards to do anything and everything her family needs. Sometimes we give her a hard time for not "working a job", but her job is MORE than full-time. Being a mom is the most thankless job in the world, but also the most rewarding. I hope she realizes how much we appreciate everything she does for us, because I know we don't tell her enough! Thanks, Mom. Love you!!

Also on Sunday, we went with Jordan and Alyssa on a motorcycle ride up to Pineview and back through Ogden Canyon. It was a blast. Jordan borrowed his dad's old bike, and Riley and I rode my dad's street bike. Perfect weather and a beautiful afternoon made for an enjoyable trip.

Looking forward to getting my nails done tonight with my two cute sister-in-laws!

No comments:

Post a Comment