Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Our 70's countertop

So, some of you may remember the post I did awhile back that outlined all of the improvements that were made to the house. I mentioned in it, the countertop that is in the bathroom, correct? Anyways, I think I made some joke about how "The 70's called, and they want their countertop back".

That being said, here's a fun little tidbit of info. We bought a replacement slab of counter, only to realize that it's at least 3 inches too long, and therefore wouldn't fit at all. We'd have to get a custom sized piece if we were to redo it. We started looking into countertop refinishing instead, but haven't gotten too far into the search yet. Today before I went and took an anthropology test, I spent a good two hours with our current countertop. This involved really getting up close and personal with it. We got a little sloppy with the paint job in the bathroom, and while we were replacing things, it was the only working sink we had, so we ended up setting open cans of paint all over it, too. That being said, there was a TON of stuck on paint ALL over it. During the painstaking time I spent scraping the paint off with various tools (I couldn't find a razorblade till I had almost finished. I'm not going to say what I used before, because Riley MAY get upset about it, but what he doesn't know won't hurt him), I came to develop a feeling of toleration for the strange attempt at marbling that was made with it. After deliberating, and deciding how exactly I was going to go back on my word, I may in fact...like...the countertop. I know, I know...I'm not one to change my mind about things. Not sure at this point if it's really a "like" or more of a "I'm just getting settled into a dust/work/project free house and I don't want to start something else".

So for now, the countertop has found a small little place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment