Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Busy busy day!!!




Today I woke up when Riley left to work, which was about 7:30 in the a of the m. I don't work on Tuesdays, and I don't have class till 6, and there were quite a few things to do around the house so I got to work. My willingness to do this may or may not stem from the fact that Riley works 12.5 hour days with both of his job, and my ego can't take me not being productive while he's busy. So, I went up to my parent's house to finish my homework (our internet connection at the condo is hit and miss, so it's easier that way), and to pick up some of the clothes we left to be washed there last night. After those things were finished, my mom came with me down to Sugarhouse to Bed Bath and Beyond to pick out a dish set. We found a super cute Oneida one I liked a lot, so we purchased that AND a fruit basket/banana stand thing.

After our trip to Bed Bath and Beyond, my mom headed home to pick up Carter from school, and I went out to a warehouse somewhere WAAAAAY out west to pick up our entertainment center and DVD case. Which we got for a screaming deal, by the way. We've really lucked out with lots of stuff like that throughout our marriage so far! (IE our Anniversary Inn rooms which would have totalled over $700 but we got for less that $300). After passing Wendover I wondered if I had gone too far? Not really, but seriously, this place was like HOOPER west. (This is for you Jared and Sammie...) Needless to say I successfully made it home and got the boxes into the condo.

Then I decided that since we no longer have power tools living in our kitchen, it was past time to get some groceries. So I went with my budget, found a few coupons, and went on my way. There's a little family owned grocery store in N. Salt Lake called Winegar's, which is like an equivalent to Kaysville's Bowman's. I loved shopping for food! It was my very first time going shopping for the two of us by myself, but I think I did a pretty good job!

After my grocery stop, I came home and put things away, and Riley came home for a few minutes between jobs and started to put together the entertainment center. He made some significant progress in just a little while. I was really impressed, even though I should be used to his incredibly advanced handy man skills by now. Seriously, the kid is a genius. My mom came over for a little while to bring us our dishes and to help me wash and put them all away. Then I went to dinner with my parents and siblings, and now I'm here sitting in class. Which I probably should be paying attention in...but obviously I've found more entertainment in doing this!

Oh, and as a sidenote, I just want it to be recorded somewhere that I got a VERY solid "A" (99%) on that Western Civilizations test I was griping about having to take the day of our wedding dinner. I'm pretty pleased with this accomplishment. Go me.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it so much fun to play house when you first get married? I loved it! Now I put off going to the store for weeks (partly because we have no money) haha! We need to double sometime! (P.S. I feel like the worst cousin in the world because I missed your reception. Will you ever forgive me?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha of course! I feel like I missed my own reception! It went by SO fast!! But yes, we really should double some time, that would be really fun! Do you have my cell #?

    ReplyDelete