Monday, November 16, 2009

Fun weekend with awesome friends!

I worked my shift on Friday until 5pm, and thought Riley was probably at his second job (FedEx) by that time, so I had prepared myself to go home to an empty house and find something to occupy my time till he got off work at 8:30. But much to my surprise he had called and told his manager at FedEx he could stay busy for a little while longer at insulation, so he actually didn't have to work his second shift that night! How nice!

Instead of being home alone, we ended up going out to dinner with his family at Chili's. Riley wasn't feeling too well after, so while my grandma and aunt came by to drop off some goodies for us they found at the DI, he mostly slept. These goodies included two matching end tables, and a fake tree for the living room! Sweeeeet. Doesn't get much better than cheap, nice furniture. They look great! Stay tuned for some pictures. I know I always do that, make a post without pictures...but it's because I'm at work and can't upload pictures from my camera from here, so you all will have to be patient. Even though most of you that actually read this blog have probably seen the stuff in person by now...oh well... So anyways, with Riley running a pretty high temperature, we decided to call it an early night. Which was amazing, because we were in bed by like 11, and didn't get OUT of bed till nearly 11 am on Saturday. He doesn't get much of a chance to sleep in ever, so it was nice!

Saturday was a blast. During the day, Riley and his dad did lots of little jobs around our house. They put in the baseboard in the kitchen, installed our oven and microwave, put all the vents back on, etc etc. It was SO nice! While they worked, I put stuff away in the second bedroom, and went and returned a few things to Target with my mom. That night, we had a few friends come over for a house party! It was filled with the 8 of us playing "Battle of the Sexes", Mario Kart, and eating a ridiculous amount of pizza, breadsticks, chips and dip, and soda. Doesn't get much better than that. There will also be pictures of that coming soon, too, so stay tuned.

(As a side note, Saturday marked my 1 year anniversary of my job. My next post will probably talk about all my highlights of being here. Love it.)

Sunday we woke up early to get ready for our "9 am" church. We got to the building, and it was deserted! We didn't go to church last week, so we didn't get the memo that it was Stake Conference. Good thing, too, because it turns out we didn't even have the name of the right bishop. Only apartments through #240 that attend that ward, and ours is #321. Dumb. So we went to stake conference at the huge conference center off of 2600 s. at 10am instead. We still have yet to find out where our building is, the name of our bishop, or what time our actual ward starts. So wish us luck for next week :S

But the day was an overall success, because after church, our friend Clayton stopped by to visit and see the new place. We watched Star Wars on our sweet TV (which we found out yesterday is HD, by the way. It was free, so the price was right!!) and just chatted. Then we went over for dinner with my family and played the Wii for awhile with my mom, brother, sister, and grandma. Hilarious. Then we finished off the night at Riley's parents house watching the Amazing Race. The father/son team got eliminated, which we were sad about. We really liked them. Here's hoping that next week "Team Zebra" gets eliminated. I think we're all getting sick of the whiny black girl on the team...Go Globe Trotters!!!!! They're the house favorite I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment