Monday, November 23, 2009

New Moon viewing party!

It has been a few days since my last post, but don't worry, there's some fun stuff that's gone on since then I'll be sure to fill you in on! This weekend was a good one! Friday we had Riley's little sister Carolyn over for a sleepover. She went to the 10:30 showing of New Moon, so she didn't actually get to our house until after 1 o'clock in the am. But when she did show up, Riley had set up the air mattress for her in our living room, and she and I (attempted) to watch Star Trek. Since Riley needs the weekends to catch up on some sleep, he was a party pooper and went to bed. Carolyn and I both ended up falling asleep, and I'm sure Riley didn't appreciate me tromping into our room at like 4:30am when I realized I was still on the couch, and decided to move to the bed. We slept in till 10ish and made blueberry waffles, bacon, and eggs for breakfast.

We dropped Carolyn off at home that afternoon on our way up to lunch with my family. It was my dad's birthday on the 16th, and Carter's on Saturday (the 21st), so we went to Famous Dave's to celebrate. My grandpa, grandma, and my family all went, and it was a great time. Riley and I gave Carter a set of pocket knives (courtesy of Riley...of course...) and my parent's got him a pellet/BB gun. I don't think he could've been more happy with his gifts. Perfect for an 11 year old boy!

Riley and I wandered around the mall for a few minutes before my hair appointment, and both came to the conclusion that the mall is just TOO busy this time of year. We didn't find anything too exciting, but we'll be going back to find Riley another pair of jeans here pretty soon. He loves the multiple pairs of Buckle jeans I either bullied him into buying, or bought him myself, so he'll need a few new pairs for the upcoming months. Going back to that store always reminds me of the fun times I had working there. Made lots of fun friends, and loved working with clothes. Awesome.

We went back to my parent's house, and used their computer to buy us six tickets to the 11:30 pm showing of New Moon!! We had made plans to go with Jared, Sammie, Jordan, and Alyssa. Before the show, we had to watch Twilight to catch up on the series, and made an arrangement of things for dinner, including frozen pizza, Ravioli's, and fruit cocktail out of the can (Jared...). We all headed down to the Gateway and found our seats. Perfect, dead center of the row, front middle of the theater. Yes.

The movie watching experience included quite a few memorable quotes. Mostly coming from Riley during the feature. Some of the highlights were the following:

(Jake's first appearance in the movie) "What? Why is his shirt still on? This is NOT what I came to see."

(When Jake takes his shirt off to help with Bella's head) "Yes. He is SO hot. THAT'S what I'm talkin' about."

(At the end of the film) "What?!?! Why the FREAK would you choose the sparkly gay vampire over the werewolf?! He made you motorcycles, what is WRONG with you?!"

Needless to say, he ended up getting quite a few laughs from the audience, and also a number of punches from me.


This sparked a bitter debate between all the members of the Gold family on Sunday night when we gathered to watch The Amazing Race. Before starting the show, everyone had their designated time to speak about who their vote was for, and it made for a pretty heated and intense debate. Team Edward or Team Jacob. The results ended as follows:



Team Edward: Carolyn & Shrena
Team Jacob: Riley, Bethanie, Sharon, and myself
Team Alice?: Wes & Austin

I think we should all go to the movie again and make "Team Mike Newton" shirts instead. Seems fair to me.

Also: The Amazing Race? Huge letdown this week. We've all been cheering against "Team Zebra" and they finished this leg of the race last. Sweet, right? Wrong. Turns out it was a non-elimination round. Ugh, we all thought we'd be able to say goodbye to her whining and bad attitude, but they get to have another chance. Oh well, I guess that means one extra week of the show.

On a good note, Riley and I found where our ward is!! We went to a random ward that started at 1, because we didn't wake up in time for any other blocks, and didn't think the two o'clock Samoan ward would do us well. The bishop, his counselors, the ward clerk, the stake president, and the stake clerk were all there trying to help us find where we were supposed to be. We found out that our ward meets clear up by Eaglewood golf course, and it starts at 1. We even met with our Bishop! He's a super nice guy, and also several people introduced themselves to us while we were there. Needless to say we're excited to start attending a ward where we're actually supposed to be!! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment