Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas 2011

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. Christmas Eve was spent at Riley's parents house for their annual Christmas Eve dinner. The food was delicious and many ridiculous pictures came from that evening, including these gems.





Christmas Day we woke up bright and early (ha, who are we kidding, we slept in until like 9am) and opened the presents we got eachother. Riley got me a new battery for my laptop which was desperately needed, a new cell phone (I've joined the Evo 4G club), quite a few movies, and my very own juicer type thing. I bought him some new sunglasses, a few Jeep shirts, and an R/C airplane that he was absolutely tickled about.

We went up to my parents house after and opened presents with them and ate a big breakfast. We got a bunch of way sweet stuff, including our very own Clavinova!!


We had an interesting time trying to rearrange things in our second bedroom in order to fit it, but we managed. I'm so excited to have a piano that is small enough to fir in our apartment and I can just plug in headphones while I play so it won't bother our neighbors!


Here is a picture that I stole off my Aunt Wendy's Facebook page since I didn't manage to get a picture of their Christmas tree myself.



I didn't take any pictures of our Christmas tree this year...on purpose...because it was super pathetic. We bought a REAL tree as per Riley's tradition which was an adventure by itself. But then we neglected to decorate it until Christmsas Eve. Awesome.

We didn't get any snow through the holidays which made it feel a bit strange.
Taking everything into consideration though it was a great Christmas season. It gives us a time to reflect on everything and really be grateful for all that we have. We have truly been blessed with amazing families, good jobs that provide for us, a nice place to live, great friends that we adore, and most of all eachother.

No comments:

Post a Comment