Monday, January 23, 2012

2012 Resolutions

Now that January is almost over I suppose it's about time I make some resolutions! I REALLY slacked off last year when it came to a lot of things. This blog last year was totally lame, I ate TONS of junk food, I really didn't take school last semester really seriously, I compared myself to other people in really unfair ways, and didn't strive to somehow better myself in hardly any aspects.

Don't get me wrong, 2011 was a really great year filled with tons of fun memories so I don't want to make it seem all bad. Because that really wasn't the case. But I just felt so stagnant in many areas of my life. It got incredibly easy to see other people doing all these great things, going all these cool places, and getting wonderful jobs or finishing college and it really didn't feel like I was doing any of that.

I was working at the same job I had been at since High School which really wasn't bad because I enjoyed the job and the people I worked with. However when I started really thinking about it, I realized it really wasn't getting me anywhere. I had zero chance of moving up in my job, getting more hours, or increasing my pay because the company wasn't expanding at all. In fact it was doing the complete opposite.

I've decided that this year I'm going to make some significant changes. Maybe if I write them down then I will be more likely to follow through.

1-Continue to foster and develop my relationship with Riley. Now is the time to take advantage of our time together sans kids and it's time we'll never get back.

2-Become a harder worker in both my school and work environments. Always contribute 100% and try my hardest in everything I do. My mom always used to tell me, "I know you're intelligent, YOU know you're intelligent, but how will the rest of the world know if you don't prove it to them?" No one cares about what I accomplished or who I was in high school if I can't prove to them I'm still a hard worker and I'm smart.

3-Cliche but I really do need to lose some weight. So.... there's that.

4-Take more pictures, read more books, stick to a better budget, save more money, go on more vacations, develop extracurricular talents, keep my house clean, etc etc etc.

Here's to making 2012 the best year yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment