Friday, July 22, 2011

Riley's Birthday 2011

Riley turned the big 2-4 this year! On his actual day we celebrated with family by going up to Weber State for their annual fireworks show. I told Riley it was a special show, just for him, and I'm pretty sure he half believed me :)

That morning I was so excited to give him his birthday present I could hardly stand it. I always get more anxious about giving gifts than anyone ever is to actually receive it. Riley enjoys tormenting me and will put off getting his gifts as long as he possibly can. This year he made me wait until after church! As soon as I got home I went into our bedroom and pulled them out from their hiding spot...TWO TICKETS TO THE JOURNEY/FOREIGNER/NIGHT RANGER CONCERT! Tada!!! His face lit up and was really surprised! We had talked about the concert earlier in the week with Jessie because she was going with a date. I had mentioned that we should get tickets and go, too, but Riley was disappointed because he thought they were too expensive. And yes..they weren't exactly cheap. But it was his birthday so I figured why not! We don't have any responsibilities to children or anything yet, so we're living it up while we can.

Here are a few pictures from the fireworks show on his day!

Photobucket

Photobucket
My parents got Riley his very own fishing pole! Can you tell he was excited?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Jessie and baby Odin!

Photobucket
The birthday boy and I! Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment