Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Summer Is HERE!!

Well boys and girls, summer at the Gold home has finally arrived! That being said, this post is going to be just a random jumble of thoughts and events that have been happening the past little while! Now that all my energy isn't focused on school I'll hopefully be able to be a bit better with updating the blog :)

We welcomed the nice weather by enjoying a topless ride in the Jeep on Sunday! We started off the day at church, came home and packed a lunch, grabbed Benny and made our way up the firebreak road. We came to a stop just below the "V" on the mountain and hiked our way up. It was quite windy when we finally reached a stopping point but we still enjoyed our lunch nonetheless. Then we came back to my parents house for more food and then somehow convinced my dad to come on a ride with us. It was quite a squish for both me, McKenna, and J to fit in the back seat but somehow we made it work. My dad admitted that he was quite impressed with the Jeep and all the hills we managed to climb... :)

I had Monday off from work and spent most of the day doing things around the house and trying to play catch up on some last minute homework/studying I'd put off. I got a call that afternoon from the Animal Medical Clinic where I had interviewed a few weeks prior offering me a position! I'm SO excited about this new job. If anyone knows anything about me it's probably that I absolutely adore animals. Most days I'd rather spend hanging out with my dog than anyone else.

Call it pathetic but I was devastated when I found out Riley didn't exactly share my passion for dogs. Of course this information came after I had already fallen for him...so it didn't sway my opinion of him. But it was a hard thing to realize I would probably never be able to own 100 billion dogs and/or move to Kanab to work at the Best Friends Animal Santuary. For the past year and a half I've consistently bothered him about getting another pet. Dog/cat/bunny/anything furry, it didn't matter. I'd become really discouraged because all I ever got from him was a firm, "No". He can't help that he's allergic I guess...even though I'm still pretty sure he fakes it....

So this position really is a blessing in disguise for me. I pretty much get to play with dogs all day, how awesome is that?! The weather was nice enough today that we even brought out a plastic pool for all the doggies to play in. You would have thought it was just the greatest thing in the whole entire world.

Last night I took my very last final for the semester and it feels just wonderful to be done. To celebrate I went and saw "Born To Be Wild" at the IMAX with Sarah and Riley. We may or may not have ended up at In-N-Out for milkshakes and fries after as well. The movie was SO cute and I'm now trying to convince Riley into getting me a baby Orangutan. I'll letcha know how that goes...

Aannnddd that's pretty much it for now! My camera is at Best Buy getting the optical zoom fixed (AGAIN) ((well, they didn't actually "fix" it the first time, so yeah)). But hopefully I'll get it back soon and I'll take some fun pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment