Monday, August 30, 2010

Riley's New Job!!

I can't believe that I have neglected to post about this until now. Riley started a new job a few weeks ago at a place called CJ Auto in Bountiful. I think he liked America First but he did NOT enjoy having to dress up every day. He's always been the kind that just likes to get in a job and get his hands dirty. Having to wear a shirt and tie didn't really let him do this.

Apparently his dad had been in the shop a few days prior and the manager told him they were looking to fill a position. Riley was so excited he could hardly stand it, so he went by a day or so later and told them he wanted to apply. They asked him about his experience, a few other questions here and there, and then asked him when he wanted to start!!

We still need to find him a pair of black cargo shorts for him to wear to his new gig, since his pants have definitely been taking a beating. So if anyone has any suggestions...I'm still a terrible shopper when it comes to guy stuff.

Anyways, he comes home everyday grimey, coated in grease, and has dirty fingernails that never quite come clean...but he always has a huge smile on his face. I'm so glad he's finally found something that he really really enjoys doing. He tells me every day, "It's just doing things I always did in my garage before, but now I'm getting paid to do it!". I'm so grateful he's been given the opportunity to do something he loves. Even if it means me having to hear about his entire day, about all the cars and pieces he fixed that STILL don't mean anything to me...

I'll be sure to snap a photo of him right when he walks in the door tonight so you can all capture the essence of his dirty happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment