Saturday, August 21, 2010

End of Summer :(

It's crazy to believe that summer has finally come to a close. It's been a great one, even if all we did pretty much was work! This last Thursday we went to a movie in the park with our Mitch, Amanda, Cameron, and Lorna. They played "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs". It's one of my favorite movies ever. I'm a little kid at heart (my ALL TIME favorite movie is the Emperor's New Groove") and so I loved it. Favorite part? When Steve the monkey attacks the gummy bears!!! Hahahaha...great.... Anyways it was a fun time other than the small children who found it funny to run across the screen in front of the projector for like 10 mins straight. Where were these children's parents/supervision? The sound was a bit sketchy in parts but what can you expect from a low budget, city activity?

Also, it's been almost an entire month since this happened, but our friends Jared and Sam got married (finally!!). They had a dinner at Jared's parents house the night before and then got married in the Salt Lake Temple, followed by a reception in the Chantilly Mansion in Layton. It was such a fun day! We have lots of pictures from it, but they're all on my laptop and our internet is still sketchy, so I'll post those as soon as I can.
Because I can't upload any pictures of their wedding right now, here's a picture of Jared and Sam at ours! Ha! Does it look cold?!

On another sidenote I went and met two of my best friends from high school at Starbuck's after work the other day. It was SUCH a good time talking and catching up before we all go our separate ways. Tara is going back down to school in Cedar City with her music scholarship and Jocelyn is in a dental hygiene program down in Provo. These girls are two of the smartest/most talented/beautiful people I know. I'm so grateful for their examples to me.
Here are some pictures from high school of us for old times sake




No comments:

Post a Comment