Monday, April 5, 2010

Lately:

My family has been in St. George the last few days and Riley and I have been in charge of their animals. We tried to take both Benny and Coop down to our house the first night, but Cooper was a disaster. No one slept at all due to him waking up every five minutes to an unusual noise, barking and growling...

Saturday I went to Macaroni Grill and the Gateway with Sarah, Jocelyn, and Jenny Rakow! It's been FIVE YEARS since I've seen Jenny. She came from Germany for a summer to stay with Sarah, and we all hung out quite a bit. Went to Temple Square and rode the skycoaster thing at Lagoon. Here's some pictures of that night out!
Riley and I got to spend quite a bit of time together this weekend which was super nice. I got Saturday off for the first time this whole year..but Riley had to work.. Bummer. But we spent the night together just talking and watching movies. His celebrity crush is Hilary Duff (weird..I know..) and of course Taylor Lautner is freaking gorgeous. So we compromised and watched Cheaper By the Dozen 2 on Friday night.
We spent Sunday night at his parents house for Easter. I was a terrible wife and didn't even do anything special for him...Oh well, there's always next year. His mom made us dinner and we stuck around to watch the Amazing Race!!!! The cowboys went from dead last, to first!!!
I also think it should be recorded somewhere the prayer that Coral gave on Sunday night. It went a little something like this (not word for word, but this was the general idea)
"Dear Heavenly Father,
Please bless that Novali (her little sister) can get more teeth.
Thank you for the food (we ate dinner at like 4 but she wasn't even there, and this was like 11pm)
Please bless that I can get a fish. A red, yellow, and blue one.
Please bless we can be a happy family..with a fish...
And please bless we can have a fish.
Amen."
Oh, little kids.
Today was a productive day for me! I had the day off of BOTH jobs!!! Went to the bank, then I had to go down to LDSFS for some new training now that our billing secretary is going to the church office building. I figured as long as I was down in Salt Lake I had no excuses not to make a trip to the Social Security Administration. Now that we've been married for 6 months...
So I went, took my number, and sat in the waiting room for like an hour. It was a little bit of a joke, but good news! I'll now officially be a Gold! Now the process starts to change my last name on all my other stuff...blah.

3 comments:

  1. I hated changing my name, such a pain to get everything switched over!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha trust me its not that exciting to have your name changed. I still don't feel like its my name and I don't know if I ever will. Every time I say it I think in the back of my head "actually its Wray!" I also get sick of people calling me Lindsey. But you wont have that problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is a pain to change your name! I remember doing that with the legal papers and DMV and such. So annoying but it's exciting to be official! And that was a cute prayer!

    ReplyDelete