Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Life of Having Two Jobs

I've really had no time lately. Like zero. Between working both jobs and still being in school it has been pretty overwhelming. I feel like I have nothing to talk about but at the same time think I should be saying SOMETHING. Using this as a journal type medium has it's ups and downs. I mostly just like reading about other people's lives...and then wishing I was doing something more fun!

Yesterday I had a work "meeting" at 7:45 am. This will be an every Friday occurence at America First. I guess it's a company wide policy, because Riley has Friday morning meetings, too. My meeting yesterday consisted of four of us checking out the multiple alarm systems and making sure they still work, and they sitting around eating McDonald's for breakfast. It was super. We sat and discussed our views on Twilight and how we have all agreed we just don't like Bella. I ended up having to work late, too! So I was essentially at work for 12 hours yesterday, and that's not including my hour I had off for lunch because I didn't get off until 8:45 in the pm. Yikes...

We have plans for tonight to do a triple date, so hopefully I'll be good and take pictures of that so I'll maybe have something exciting to post about. In the meantime, the dishes have been piling up, the laundry needs folding, Benny needs a walk, and the house needs to be picked up. Oh the joys of being in the real world. I hate growing up. It's busy and not to mention super expensive...ha!

4 comments:

  1. Hahah! I hear ya! I totally understand....except for the having your own place and having a husband part! xoxo good luck with the dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you're so lucky to get an hour break! I'm lucky if I get a 5 minute break to scarf down a sandwich on my 12 hour shifts. haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is all so true! Being a grown up is so fun and amazing, but so many responsibilities that aren't exactly fun at the same time. I think it should just rain money, that would be helpful, don't ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely Understand. I work enought hours at my job sometimes it could be like two jobs plus full time school and a husband! It gets difficult! We dont have any pets yet. I couldnt imagine having another thing added to my 5 different to do lists. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete