Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Time Out For Women! -St. George

A few weeks ago we had the opportunity to go down to Time Out For Women in St. George! My mom, McKenna, and I left Friday morning and made the trek down. We made a pit stop at the Scipio Petting Zoo and were so sad to see that it was closed. During the middle of the day? Boo. We spent a few minutes walking around the outside to see what kind of animals we were missing out on petting, snapped a picture and were on our way.

 photo unnamed2_zps0a8ff566.jpg

A few miles down the road we made another stop in Beaver for ice cream at the Cache Valley cheese factory! I had been telling them for months about the delicious ice cream but every time we were driving through it was either too late in the evening or it was a Sunday and they were closed. So they finally got to see what all the excitement was about, and it sure didn't disappoint! Love me some raspberry cream cheese ice cream *drool*.

We arrived Friday evening long enough to drop our stuff off at the house and get ready for the first night of the event. That evening the music was provided by Michael McLean and we heard from a few wonderful speakers, including President Hinckley's daughter!

The performance went a bit long so we didn't get out until after ten. We made our way to Cafe Rio and enjoyed some delicious dinner before heading to bed.

 photo c98ffde9-f4af-4635-a102-4dd745a47d9b_zpsc917a9aa.jpg

 photo 0e829513-976c-47f3-8924-1cebff5de52c_zps229199f4.jpg
We woke up early the next morning after a pretty terrible night's sleep (for me, at least! I don't do air mattresses so well!) and headed off to the Convention Center for Day Two! The music that day was all by Jericho Road and it was amazing!! They were really fun to watch and listen to, especially the boy band tribute. Sure do miss N*SYNC... :) It was another day full of amazing speakers who all had messages I needed to hear.  photo b3669ba3-29bd-4ae3-9b43-eec831fe5834_zps43b65859.jpg

 photo 9a9d792a-44f2-459e-8f6f-43a8c3f26dea_zps477f280b.jpg

After the event ended we went to Chik Fil A to meet my mom's high school friend Ralyn and her daughters Kara & Kieley. They were down in St. George for Kara's rugby tournament and my mom wanted to visit before they headed home. Afterwards we went and did some shopping at TJMax and had dinner at Benja Thai. I'm not usually a huge fan of Thai food but this stuff was delicious. I will definitely be going again.

The trip was a huge success! I don't get too many opportunities to hang out with just McKenna and my mom, but every time we do get together I realize how much I enjoy being with them. We can talk for hours on end about nothing, and can joke about our differences. I sure was blessed with some incredibly family members!!

No comments:

Post a Comment