Wednesday, November 10, 2010

One Year Anniversary

I can hardly believe how fast time has gone by. On one hand it seems like I've known Riley my entire life, but on the other it seems like we just got married like yesterday!

We both had the day off for our anniversary and we just spent it together. We didn't go out of town anywhere, or do anything overly out of the ordinary. I woke up and he had bought me flowers and a card, and he tried his best to make them look pretty even though we didn't have an actual vase to put them in. I had the best time just hanging out, watching movies, and relaxing with him. My parents took us out to dinner (free food is always the best) and we just enjoyed eachother's company.

So, in honor of our one year anniversary, I'm going to list 365 things that I love about Riley...



Psych. Nope. That'd take waayyy too long. But I guess I better say a few things.

-I was wandering around the house the other day, having not even showered. Completely unsolicited, Riley came and told me how pretty I am and that he loves it when I just wear "t-shirts instead of all those frilly girly things". Not sure if this was a compliment on the t-shirt, or him telling me that I shouldn't try so hard? Either way, it was nice of him.

-He's always the first one to apologize when we get in an argument. It's a good thing one of us is willing to back down...


-He always supports me in all my decisions. No matter what they are.

-He will drop whatever he's doing to ask me how my day was.

-Riley will send me nice/funny texts througout the day. He'll always send me one to let me know he got wherever he was going safely.

-He will pretend to like EVERYTHING I cook. Even if it's slightly burned/crunchy. He's not picky.

-I love that he comes to visit me at work when he's free.

-He's the most selfless person I know. He's always happy to put others needs in front of his own. He's a handyman and loves to fix things for anyone and everyone. I used to get annoyed that he'd put other people's projects ahead of anything we had going on, but I've come to appreciate that it's just who he is. (AKA, we were planning to spend the night together when we saw a girl pulled over on the side of the road with her hood open. Riley made me turn around so he could make sure everything was ok and help her.)

-He's an incredibly hard worker. I've never ONCE heard him complain about all the responsibilities he has.

-All our nieces and nephews ADORE Riley. He's incredibly patient and loving to them.

-He treats me like a Princess, even when I don't deserve it.

-He'll quote The Office with me till we both run out of things to say.

-I love how he's always so excited to tell me about his latest project at work. Even if I don't understand 3/4 of the words he's saying....

-Lastly, he's my biggest advocate and my absolute best friend. I really lucked out snagging him!

Here's to another bajillion years just like the last one! I'm so excited to spend the rest of my life here, and for eternity, with my best friend :)


In honor of making it this far, I've decided to post some pictures of my favorite memories with Riley.
Our Wedding!
10-30-2009


In front of the Manhattan Temple
Sept. 2009

Lake Powell-July 2009

Before seeing Mama Mia on Broadway!
Sept. 2009
The Statue of Liberty
Sept. 2009
Our Honeymoon
Lake Tahoe-Nov. 2009

Bear Lake riding fourwheelers!!
Riley's Disneyland birthday!
July 2010
Shooting a gun for the first time (Me)
Before the Weber State fireworks!
July 2010
The State Fair!!
Aug. 2009
Engagement Photo
Hiking with Benny!!

3 comments:

  1. can i please quote the office with you guys?

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i please quote the office with you guys?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post :) You guys are so cute!! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete